Rocking My World Friday

Happy Friday everyone. I hope you've had a good week. Here are just some of the things that have made mine that little bit brighter...

A sampling of some of the mahoosive, yummy lunches and dinners that helped me to a 5lb loss last week. Yes - I get laughed at for taking piccies of my dinner. But some of us in  the local Slimming World group on FB share photos of meals and it's surprising how seeing what someone else is eating gives you ideas for your own week. Especially if you are struggling a bit. Which I have since Christmas - so last week was a welcome kick up the bum towards getting me back on track - the end is in sight now!
Whoopidooings: Rocking My World Friday - Slimming World meals
My little Bear welcoming the new Princess with a kiss to her forehead. Melt? Just a bit!
Whoopidooings: Rocking My World Friday
This lots new favourite after dinner activity. Coin rubbing! I think Devvie got them on it, Craig is absolutely loving it. Devvie has a big coin collection from different countries so they were loving seeing all the different patterns and designs in glorious multi-colour.
Whoopidooings: Rocking My World Friday
Diggers and hairdressing. That's what this Bear is obsessed with. One of his favourite games is to stand behind me with his hairdressing set and style my hair. I either have to sit on the floor while he's on the sofa or he stands behind me on my chair while I'm on the pc. I swear if he isn't a builder, he's going into hairdressing! He broke his toy hair straighteners this week. You would have thought the world had ended. I am now on the hunt for a cheap set.
Whoopidooings: Rocking My World Friday
And this is his favourite after dinner pudding at the moment. Tea. Yep a cup of tea and biscuits to dunk - what two year old asks for a cup of tea? Mine, that's who.
Whoopidooings: Rocking My World Friday
My art gallery fridge freezer. Our fridge sits behind me, from where I'm sat now and the side of it is the face I see. So when I get little bits of postcard sized art like these canvasses, I add magnets to the back so I can sit and enjoy them. Especially when I am sat here cursing my maths revision - I can look up and this makes me smile! Art by Donna Rodgers - Red Lady, Susie Foulkes - Steam Punk, Jo Urbani - Ice Lolly, Sarah aka Lost Dogs - Stamp Head Cat, Jas Gosling - Tangled Scene, Me - Button Fairy and Pheebs - Doggy canvas and family pennant. 
Whoopidooings: Rocking My World Friday
Other things that have made me smile this week:
  • Starting to get a good revision/art/work ratio going. It's taken me long enough but am finally getting into a good routine. I managed to finish up a commission this week, start another and get at least an hour a night of revision in too. Up till now it's been either/or. Maths revision OR art. And it was quite crappy to say the least. But the balance is starting to get better - not so much juggling - better time management. (Thanks, dodgy internet!)
  • I started using Instagram this week and am loving it. (This is me.) I want to cut down on social media - it's to much of a time suck, I got caught in the trap of reading to many of these articles that said you have to be on ALL of them publicising yourself - if you want this to be more than a hobby. So I signed myself up to loads and got thoroughly confused and had even less time to actual art. So I think I'm going to prune right back. I like Instagram, I love my blog and the rest are on probation till I decide which to ditch.
  • I know a lot of people have been moaning about it - but I have really enjoyed all the election stuff this year. Maybe it's because Devvie was old enough to vote this time. Maybe because it felt so personal as well. We watched all the debates, talked it to death and walked up to vote, the three of us, last night. It's definitely been an interesting one - that's for sure.
  • My sister having a de-clutter means I got two new pairs of unworn trainers and the entire Buffy and Angel DVD boxsets! Woohoo!
That's going to do me this week. I'm off to link up with Virginia

How has your week been?

6 comments:

  1. It has been an interesting one, for sure. I stayed up way too late last night, getting totally sucked in. What was a bit weird for me was the thought of my big boy voting in another country this time round. He voted in Scotland.

    But back to your little boy. A hairdresser in the family would be very handy. I'd love that. Might be a good back up plan if marrying into royalty doesn't work out lol

    Best of luck with the revision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found time to Rock this week, it is worth it to see that oh-so-cute pic of the Bear - all of them really - but especially the one kissing the tv princess!! What a wonderful week you've had. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that's a fab list Carmen - love all of it! I love the photo of them coin rubbing and the fridge freezer art work genius! Loving the food selection too - totally nom. And little man kissing the princess - melts your heart. Cup of tea and biscuits after food - genius!

    Hope you have a truly beautiful and blessed weekend and week ahead.

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts give such a sense of family warmth and love...and good for you with the maths!! I feel I should ditch social media too, spend too much time on it when I should be painting!! I don't intend to spend time on it, but one thing leads to another then poof the afternoon is gone... ridiculous and I don't even do instagram though my son says I should.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent time for family and art. Well done on the weight loss too.
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lady Of Awesome! This is a fabulous post - how gorgeous is little Bear? You have such a beautiful family :) Bear's starting to look less 'toddler' and more 'li'l boy' now isn't he? Watching kids grow up is one of the best things in the whole universe ever.

    Congrats on balancing the revision and stuff! That's a job in itself that is. As for the art promotion thang - I've just discovered ArtStack ( https://theartstack.com/ ) , which seems a doddle to load up on and quite good fun. I've just signed up - took 2 mins. A bit Pinteresty but JUST for art - good way to make connections possibly. Early days, but we'll see eh?

    If there's ever anything I can do to help with the art thing just shout. I have no idea WHAT I can do but ya never know eh?

    Sending you some sunshine as we do seem to have some today! - Shroo:)xxx

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...