Mixed Media Grungy Pastel Bunny

Yep. Pastel.

The last couple of weeks has seen me organising revision time and art time a lot better. I was able to finish up this commission. The brief was a mixed media bunny in my style but also reflecting the tastes of the lovely Carol. (Snowbunny Knits.) I was sent an excellent array of pictures giving me an idea of Carols tastes to work from. One thing was for sure - there was a lot of pastel *Silent scream* Carol has been a huge supporter to me and believe it or not, I do love seeing pastel in other peoples work - it just scares the frig out of me to use!

Here he is; Bunny:
Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Grunge Pastel Bunny
The process shots - leave me a comment if you like/don't like seeing these. I never know if people want them or not. I enjoy seeing how people get from start to finish on other blogs, that's why I pop them on here. 
Carmen Wing - Layering for WiP on Mixed Media Grunge Pastel Bunny
Carmen Wing - Layering for WiP on Mixed Media Grunge Pastel Bunny
 Carmen Wing - WiP on Mixed Media Grunge Pastel Bunny
 Carmen Wing - WiP on Mixed Media Grunge Pastel Bunny
Carmen Wing - WiP on Mixed Media Grunge Pastel Bunny
Carmen Wing - WiP on Mixed Media Grunge Pastel Bunny
Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Grunge Pastel Bunny
Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Grunge Pastel Bunny
Collage Ephemera
Acrylic Paint
Neocolour ii Crayons
Inktense Pencils
Graphite Pencil
In the end I really enjoyed making Bunny and I am definitely not so scared of pastel now. Thanks Carol, he was great fun.

Thank you for stopping by today :)

9 comments:

  1. was trying to comment from my phone (new) but it won't recognise my google password even though it's right (I had to change it yesterday, lol) however, this project is so worth coming to see on the computer, because it's fabulous... and yes, please keep putting in the step by step process pics!! Pastel suits you, who knew! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen, you made me chuckle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm loving this pastel bunny!! I LOVED seeing how your process developed until you achieved the final piece (I am also v jealous of all those lovely Neocolor IIs!!).

    I'm sure Carol will be v happy with it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooohmagodohmagodohmagod!!!! LOVE the mental pastel bunny! Oh he's just bloody marvelous in every way! He's better than Thornton's Viennese chocolate truffles! He's a fluffy hoppity boppity Bunnykin of epic epicness and you win an award for BEST THING EVAH! Gods, woman, the next time you doubt your awesomeness I shall have The Colonel slap you upside the ankle with a velvet paw of doom!

    Yes - keep the process stuff going. I enjoyed seeing the whole work process and always find it interesting to see how concepts change throughout. Fabulous post. Harvey, his paw of DOOM and his collection of arse-ants (he's been sat on an ants' nest all day...they're embedded) and my humble self send you fluffy hugs of summery happiness! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOOOO flipin' fabulous!! And I totally love process shots! This is just brilliant and I like to see how brilliance percolates! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing this come together! fab photos and I'm a bit blown away by the finished piece. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the process shots. I love this bunny too. He's so much fun! His cutesy eyes are a brilliant contrast to the rest of his edgy self. It's good to come out of your comfort zone and try something new, especially when the results turn out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Your train whistle cracked me up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. love seeing the step by steps and love your craft space, this canvas is fab x

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...