Twitter Art Exhibit 2015 - Little Fishy

Little Fishy is now merrily swimming her way to Norway. I've had mixed reactions to her, or more to the point what went into making her. She's definitely had a Marmite Love/Hate reaction. Gotta admit - I'm loving that!
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Fish for the 2015 #TwitterArtExhibit
Fancy a step by step - kind of? Here we go then...
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Fish for the 2015 #TwitterArtExhibit
Here's a little piccie of a little fishy.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Fish for the 2015 #TwitterArtExhibit
Winsor & Newton Professional watercolours in Winsor Blue
Rock salt liberally chucked willy nilly
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Fish for the 2015 #TwitterArtExhibit
Winsor & Newton Professional watercolours in Winsor Lemon
Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolours in... er... purple?
Smooshed Clingfilm
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Fish for the 2015 #TwitterArtExhibit
Time to get dressed...
Naturally shed Bearded Dragon skin
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Fish for the 2015 #TwitterArtExhibit
Tissue paper
And here she is.
She was finished off with:
Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolour in Chinese White
 Winsor & Newton iridescent medium (Oodles of)
Biro
Glossy Accents (her eye)
Close up of her 'scales'
She will be shown at the Twitter Art Exhibit in Moss, Norway. All the submitted art postcards are sold for the same price each and 100% of the proceeds are going to Home-Start Moss.

"Twitter Art Exhibit: Moss is an international exhibition of original postcard art benefiting Home-Start Moss, a nonprofit organization helping families in need. Home-Start believes that every child deserves the best start in life. By matching experienced volunteers to families with young children, Home-Start provides support that is free to the family, confidential, and based on individual needs. Volunteers do not make judgements or tell the parents how to live their lives; instead, they try to encourage confidence and independence, and help families build their own networks of friends and other support."

I hope Little Fishy sells and makes them some pennies.


Thanks for stopping by today :)

6 comments:

  1. I love little fishie!! I am sure she will sell, Carmen, she certainly deserves to. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fishie, fishie, fishie fish! It's a GIRLIE fish too! Love it! Using the sheddededed skin was a real inspiration - it does look incredible. I was wondering how you were going to rival last year's awesomeness, and voila! Epic, woman, epic! Hugs from moi and a grumpy 'why-won't-you-play-with-me-mummy-it's-only-4:30am-why-are-you-trying-to-sleep-you-weido?' Colonel.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fishy is absolutely gorgeous, I love her - I am certain she'll be snapped up. The skin is fabulous and I'm having shredded skin envy as I love anything quirky like that - I have snake skins, but I'm a rather precious about them, I can't quite bring myself to cut them up, even for art! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog earlier and leaving such kind comments.
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you used real reptile skin on this! Or did I get that wrong? I had to read it three times! Wow! That is incredibly! Love the cling film technique as well with the watercolours. Amazing results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous use of discarded skin (where on earth did you get that? Is there a very grumpy bearded dragon somewhere?!).

    I LOVE Little Fishy and her glossy eye.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fintastic! This is amazing - love the background and love the use of skin! Fabulous work xxx

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...