Mixed Media Sister Canvas

Good Afternoon to you. I have been waiting impatiently to share what I did for two of my sisters for Christmas. One of them took forever to reach it's new home - way after Christmas! One sister had specifically asked for a canvas. The other's husband had hinted last year that sis might like a little something handmade this year. So I thought... "Hmmm..." and they ended up quite similar but different. Which I'm pleased about - I think of them as two sister canvasses, if that makes sense - even though they are different sizes.

(Please excuse the picture quality. I was right to the wire getting them finished and then it was a case of making the best of dodgy Winter light and getting them wrapped ready to go... plus I am a crappy photographer!)

The first, I had noticed last time I was round Sister no.1's house that she had a few elephants dotted about so that was the route I went down...
Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Elephants on canvas
Acrylic Paints,
Oil Pastels,
Pan Pastels
Gilding Flakes
Modelling Paste
Pens, Pencil
Inks & Sprays
The second sister I knew used to love wolves and Native American imagery and folklore so I hoped that was still the case. It's what I went with anyway...
Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Wolf on canvas
Acrylic Paints,
Oil Pastels,
Pan Pastels
Gilding Flakes
Modelling Paste
Pens, Pencil
Inks & Sprays
As always when I am making a gift for someone, my nerves were shredded. It's different to when someone commissions you (although that's bad enough!)  - they're telling you what to do. But gifting a canvas is hugely personal as I don't want the person to feel obligated to display something they might not like... and I know I am not to everyone's taste ;) Which is why I generally don't make for family or friends unless they ask. Am I alone in that? Aargh.

Thanks for stopping by today :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow gorgeous especially the elephant canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. They will like them. I would . I like the wolve as where I live we have wolves and I like Elephant #1.

    Very artistically done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both so beautiful, I'm sure your sisters were thrilled with them - well done!

    Whatever delivery service you used deserve a rocket up their exhaust pipes for taking so long!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both gorgeous, my personal favourite is the elephant. I am sure both sisters love them and will (are) display them. I am so with you about making things for people though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh....GORGEOUS! Once again you prove how talented and versatile you are. The combination of the beautiful coloured background with the silhouette is a stunning effect - I hope you're as proud of these as you jolly well should be missus? Your sisters will be chuffed as heck with these - I reckon you've WELL ticked the "awesome sister gift" box there. Epic stuff, lady. Epic stuff! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...