100 Faces in a Year... So Far.

No... I haven't done a hundred faces this year already. I've done six. Which for me is quite good going - hoping I can keep the momentum I seem to have at the start of this new year.

I'm going to start a page tab at the top of the blog just to keep these all in one place (and so I don't lose count) but will still blog them. I hope you don't get fed up of faces.

Please excuse the terrible picture taking too - my scanner has given up the ghost so if anyone can recommend a good reasonably priced scanner/printer I would appreciate it. While I'm asking for recommendations - I have been saving up for the past couple of years for a new phone with good camera so that I can have a camera in my pocket (don't care about the phone capabilities as long as the camera is good.) My question to the more technically minded of you - should I just save up for a pocket sized camera? If so, which? Or are there any really good camera phones (that aren't stupidly expensive) out there? I have been looking at the Nokia Lumia 1020 and the Samsung Galaxy Zoom but all the differing reviews are doing my head in.

And now back to the faces...
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing Mixed Media Neocolour ii Portrait - Face in my sketchbook
#2/100
Watercolour Sketchbook
Neocolour ii's
Fineliner
(Used this photo as a starting reference)
Whoopidooings:Carmen Wing - Collage Paper Pieces Frankenstein Portrait #100Facesin365 #Face #Frankie
#3/100
Scrapbook paper collage
Washi tape
Whoopidooings:Carmen Wing - Paper Pieced Collage  Portrait #100Facesin365 #Face
Here he is in my book next to a copy of the one I did for the Halloween junque journal.
Whoopidooings:Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Portrait #100Facesin365 #Face Bird Crow Skull
#4/100
Watercolour Sketchbook
Watercolour Background
Gesso
Fineliner
Whoopidooings:Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Portrait #100Facesin365 #Face #Skull
#5/100
Watercolour Background
Gesso
Fineliner
Whoopidooings:Carmen Wing - Neocolour ii Portrait #100Facesin365 #Face #Dog #Beagle
#6/100
Watercolour Sketchbook
Neocolour ii's
Fineliner
Posca Pens
It's been great getting the practice in and also filling up my sketchbooks a bit - flipping back to the front of the sketchbook I am starting to see improvement so that is good stuff!

Thanks for stopping by today :)
What have you been up to? 

4 comments:

  1. Not much help when it comes to phones/cameras, I got mine free with the contract.. don't think I'd particularly recommend it although it probably does more than I've read up on... (had it 18 months, lol) it's a Sony Experia something or other!! Love the faces though, well done and keep at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my pocket camera and I love mine. Kodak point and shoot more or less. I have a newer one but it is larger and it takes time to adjust and hold compared to my wee camera that I slide in my pocket or purse. It is my best companion. It also has a point where when I want clarity of my work instead of my scanner it does the job well . I have the dock to go with it. So I always have ready and go shots not the batteries to carry. I can take the dock with me when I am away. I like your faces. The dog is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen amazing work as always, can't really recommend on the phone side of things as mine is ancient although i do manage to take reasonable photos on it, my little sis can probably help on this front as she was sorting one before Christmas. On the camera front, ours isn't pocket sized so can't help on that either - actually pretty useless on that front LOL - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous - you get that, right? Yes, REALLY! I'm stuff-all use on recommending technology - my phone is a VERY basic brick with buttons, courtesy of TESCO bargain counter, and my cameras - ALL of them- hate me and are all easily distracted by thumbs, smudges and shadows. I'm not at all gifted in that department at all! I'm going to settle for hugging your artwork - that makes me happy! Looking forward to the next batch - hugs from Shroo & The Colonel xxx

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...