Secret Santa

Sign up now CLOSED

It has been brought to my attention that I should perhaps get my bum in gear if we are going to do the Secret Santa again this year. Mentioning no impatient names. *Sideways look at Virginia*  Can you believe this will be the forth year? Do we get to call it a tradition now? I reckon we do.

I haven't made a badge yet but will do over the next couple of days. This little picture made me smile, so I'll share that to be getting on with. What with my GCSE lessons, I have maths on the brain at the moment...
Image borrowed from magicalmaths.org

OK, I've thought quite hard about this and am sorry to put my Scrooge hat on so early in the post but I have a couple of things I have to get out of the way before the fun stuff.


Firstly, bearing in mind the rising costs of postage. I am tempted to make this a UK only swap this year. However, if I get enough international peeps who would like to play and are willing to post to each other, I'm more than happy to do that. Also if you are in the UK and willing to swap internationally - be sure and let me know. What do we think?

Secondly - please, please only sign up if you can post on time. Simple enough - everyone needs to have their gift to open on the big day - clue's in the name of the swap.

/Scrooge hat 

I'm going to copy and paste a bit now from previous years because:

a) we just got the 4th season of Walking Dead on DVD and because stupid channel 5 didn't buy the rights for that season (or for Once Upon a Time either) we haven't watched it yet. We are just up to those scenes in the prison! So, oh - oh, I want to watch the next episode. 

b) There are only so many ways you can say "come join our Christmas swap."

c) I'm lazy.

So. How do you fancy taking part in a fun, fun, fun Secret Santa swap?

You will put together a fabulous Christmas gift for your recipient. Stalk well. Find out what they would swoon clear away over. It can be anything. ANYTHING. Handmade, stash, books, chocolate... just tailor it to your person and fill it with yuletide cheer. I want you to be skipping around sprinkling your festive glitter. Sing carols while you make something gorgeous - it's allowed. 

I'm sticking at the minimum spend of £10 (Roughly $15.95 USD according to xe.com) if you wish to spend more on your recipient, feel free by all means but be aware that your sender might not be in the position to do the same.

In previous years people have been happy to receive good quality second hand stuff - books, stamps, vintage/retro items. Means you'll get more pressie for your buck is what I'm hearing! If you don't feel this way  please let me know so I can pass it on to your Santa.

If you want to know something in particular about your recipients likes etc, email me and I will email them for you anonymously. Obviously I am the only one who will know who my Santa is. So that one wouldn't be anonymous.

Things I need from you -

1. Who you are.
2. Email address
3. Blog address, Facebook arty crafty page, Pinterest or similar (for stalkage)
4. Postal address
5. Some likes/dislikes. Do you have a wishlist online?

Please email the above to - whoopidoo at btinternet dot com (You can click the 'email me' box on my sidebar.)

Sign up will close on the 15th of October
I'll then email you your victim
Stalk, stalk, stalk.
Make, spend, gather, rummage, eat chocolate and buy some more, wrap, wrap, wrap.
Posting date. The 1st of December so it will (hopefully) arrive in good time.
Stalk postie
Shake, rattle and feel pressie
Try and resist till the 25th 
Mad tearing frenzy with lots of whooping
Meet back after the big day to show off our gifts (if you want to, I always love nosing at what everyone else got!)

Be sure and tell me if I forgot anything?

You can check out the links to previous years here, here and here. This might give you an idea of what other people gifted.


People taking part so far: (List will be updated as people join)
Me :) Present on sleigh Delivered.
Virginia of Celtic House Present on sleigh - Delivered.
K of K's Crafty Corner - Present on sleigh Delivered - Blogged Here.
Ally of Ally's Space - Present on sleigh Delivered.
Carol of Pouring My hART Out Present on sleigh Delivered.
Laura of Beads, Buttons & Birds - Present on sleigh - Delivered - Blogged Here.

Have you been naughty or nice this year? We're making a list, and checking it twice...


Thanks for stopping by today :)



3 comments:

  1. Me me me please miss can I.join me me will email with details

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, have loved the previous ones I've joined in with. Shall be sending you an email soon as I've updated my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeeeeeeee i'm in soooooo in!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...