My Celtic Pony

So, that secret hush, hush project has reached it's new home. I can share now. Remember my duckies? I haven't done anything like that for ages and had a hankering to have a play. I had a birthday coming up and I knew the person liked the duckies, she owns one... so what better excuse, eh? 

Introducing... My Celtic Pony otherwise known as Dark Star or Celtic Sanguine... her new owner hasn't decided yet but am loving the name suggestions that are coming out.

Carmen Wing: Altered My Little Pony - My Celtic Pony

Here's how she started out, all innocent and happy and totally unaware. Tralala.

Carmen Wing: Altered My Little Pony - before
"What a lovely day to visit the pony spa!"
Carmen Wing: Altered My Little Pony - Adding clay
"Ooh, how soothing, a clay body mask."
Carmen Wing: Altered My Little Pony - My Celtic Pony
"I say, is this really necessary?" 
Carmen Wing: Altered My Little Pony - My Celtic Pony
"Oh, this is interesting..."
Carmen Wing: Altered My Little Pony - My Celtic Pony
"Er, what's happening?"
Carmen Wing: Altered My Little Pony - My Celtic Pony
"Nothing like a day at the spa to make you feel like a new pony!"
Carmen Wing: Altered My Little Pony - My Celtic Pony
*Swish*  Because I'm worth it.
I was kind of sad to see her go, pony got attitude! In case you're wondering what I used in all the in-between steps that I haven't shown (thought I'd already overloaded you with pictures) here's my "ingredients"...

Air dry clay
Gesso
Black acrylic paint
Alcohol ink. I did her hair first in drawing ink which was a disaster! It kept coming off on my hands when I handled her and it faded within days. These pictures show the success that was had with alcohol ink. Thanks Sarah, for the tip that CosPlay peeps use that (or Copics) on their wigs - that's one to remember!
Posca Pens
Glossy Accents
Scissors - to give her a trim.
And Loom bands - I knew they had to have a use other than popping up all over my floor!


Thanks for stopping by today :)

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha - love the pony and your post gave me a big smile. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is fabulous Carmen, I love her thank you - still can't decide on a name though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's what I call I makeover

    ReplyDelete
  4. the best thing to happen to a My Little Pony - ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Glad you got her mane sorted! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Ooh, how soothing, a clay body mask." hahahaha :D

    Great post and I adore that Little Pony, a wonderful transformation.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...