What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday...

Hello there. If you visited my sparkly clean, just purged shedio last week, you'll be pleased to learn I have broken it in with some *ahem* gentle paint throwing...
Whoopidooings: What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #WOYWW
I'm working on a large Mitsi B inspired canvas board - I am doing her excellent class through Soul Food. I've stepped away at the moment to work on something else. Partly because my (obviously half rabbit) youngest two monsters keep nibbling through the wires on my earphones when they use the PC. So I cannot listen to my class till another pair arrive in the post... this time cordless. No, I cannot use my speakers as they wrecked those too! 

Also, to think about what to do next - I thought I'd gone overboard but thanks to some good friends advice to walk away and leave it rather than gesso over the whole thing... Well, they were right - I'm kinda loving it again. 

Fancy a zoom out for better rummage? Here we go...
Whoopidooings: What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #WOYWW
Thank you for all your visits last week  - and to Princess Judy who said she'd encourage me to work through that stack of canvasses but I had to get my butt in gear too. (Or words to that effect.) Message heard. This canvas board was one of the stack and underneath the desk is an old shop printed canvas, gessoed, sanded and waiting to have new life breathed into it :)

Fancy snooping through some more desks and work spaces? Follow me over to Julia's where you'll find a snoopers paradise.


Thank you for stopping by today :)

17 comments:

  1. Yay I am glad it has grown on you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your paint throwing! Happy WOYWW, Evelyn # 54

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your crafty shed! The paint throwing looks like fun. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love your canvas! How fun! The use of the gesso on it! I haven't tried anything like that, and now I want to! Winnie #46

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I'm just doing a quick run round a few blogs before I dash out to solicitors...manic day here today fitting in all I need to :-)
    It's so good to see you've been busy creating again....enjoy it :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x #25

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab posts - love it and told you you'd like the canvas when you returned to it! Tis fab! - fact!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you didn't gesso over the canvas to start over. You gave it a fabulous new life instead! Love seeing your desk in action.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY exciting!! I <3 MitsiB - I can't wait to see where you go with this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I am so glad you didn't gesso over the whole thing, it looks fantastic!! Helen 4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your canvas so far. Going to have to check out Misti B. Glad you've got over your faffing. Think I'm about to join you in that as I'm waiting for some Citra Solv to arrive and then I'll be off!
    Keep at the canvases. I want to see some more!
    Have a fun week
    Gillian #50

    ReplyDelete
  11. The canvas is great, always best to wait a while before altering things.
    Glad you did Lol! Happy crafting and have a great week, Angela x #42

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crikey gal, I was expecting carnage and ..nothing of the sort. I see the prob with the canvas, my old art teacher would really get at me for not stepping back and then overworking something to the point of binning it. It's a discipline worth having, but you do need to be able to remember. I like how it is now, so am in no doubt that your next step will surprise me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving that canvas! Would love to visit and learn the "gentle paint throwing" technique. It looks freeing. Diane #78

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is awesome Carmen! Love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your paint thrown canvas, very nice combination of colours indeed
    Bridget #58

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great canvas. I need to take a leaf out of your book as I have had one tucked away on an easel for AGES and just hide it!!

    Well done for cracking on :-)

    kyla #6

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the colors in that piece. And go you for listening to your bud. We are our own worse critic. Creative Blessings! Kelly #75

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...