The Watcher - Mixed Media


Morning all. 

I've finally got back to my Soul Food lessons. This week I've been beavering away on the wonderful Mitsi B's class. I adore her style and boy, oh boy does doing one of her classes really give you a feel for what goes into one of her works. 
Carmen Wing - The Watcher - Mixed media on canvas board
The above picture has a bit of glare where I've varnished it - the one below is just before I varnished it - still need to get better at taking photos :)
Carmen Wing - The Watcher - Mixed media on canvas board
I started out on a 20x24" canvas board...
Carmen Wing - The Watcher in progress - Mixed media on canvas board
The beer is Craig's ;)
 Built up layers...
Carmen Wing - The Watcher in progress - Mixed media on canvas board
Carmen Wing - The Watcher in progress - Mixed media on canvas board
I had so much fun with this one - worker on a larger scale was so different for me but I really enjoyed it.

I love the interpretation from my friend. She said "The picture, to me, is all about caring and cherishing. The focus of the picture is the person on the right - it all revolves around her" Do you agree? What do you see? I'd love to know.
Carmen Wing - The Watcher - Mixed media on canvas board
Collage
Liquitex acrylic paint
Posca pens
Copic Markers
Water soluble graphite pencil
Neocolour ii crayons
Winsor Newton Drawing inks
Perfect Pearls mists
Probably a lot more...
The Watcher is now for sale in the Whoopidooporium. Slowly, slowly adding my work there.

Thank you for stopping by today :)

16 comments:

  1. I think your friend's interpretation of your artwork is very wise ;)

    This artwork is SO interesting and I love all the layers! I enjoyed looking at the progress photos.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so rich, and complex, and awesome! I think the bigger work really suits you! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous piece! I too love MitsiB's style...and you meant to say "the beer WAS Craig's" He left it in your studio so it must be yours now :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this more each time I see it. you are very brave painting on such a large scale, not sure I could ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful painting! Love how the figures emerge from the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this kind of art, wanna try something like that, it should be really self-relax thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so fabulous. I really love the first layer you started out with too. Gorgeous, rich colors. Nicely done. Mitsi B. rocks so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't slap me for this but I thought it was an expressionist self portrait when me and Sue came round and saw it the other day. As soon as I saw it I thought you were the women in the corner (with that crow your so fond of) with Craigs arm supporting you and mum, our angel, watching over you both. Why you're nekkid I'd rather not ponder too deeply on that one, thank you. My warped brain may explode :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I thought the four little white circles represented four little halos as in your 4 little angels :D

      Delete
    2. Oh Mel - you did make me cackle! I always do seem to end up putting a crow in lately and you are quite right. I ended up with 4 circles for that reason. And the lines in the background usually end up in my paintings somewhere and there is always 6 to represent my little family unit. Very observant missus - there was me thinking you were just watching the telly! I think that's why I like Mitsi's work as she uses symbolism a lot too.

      Delete
  9. And tell Craigy he's a meany for making you sell it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - he's not a meany. It's tough love. I would never start selling otherwise x

      Delete
  10. Its fab! Its so you too Carmen ;-) I feel like the guy on the left is trying to protect the lady, not sure what from! I like it though! Good luck with selling it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this and they layers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely awesome work - if I had the money I would definitely be its new owner.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...