Rocking My World Friday...

On Friday! Again! Getting to be a habit!

Well then so what made me smile this week?

  • Two - not one but TWO people compared my Summer of Colour face to Dr. Seuss's secret art. Can you imagine the amount of air punching and glee on this side of the PC screen? Can you? To be compared to this? Really? I don't think you can - this calls for a visit from happy cat!

I had never heard of Dr. Seuss's secret art but it's gorgeous - another book added to my wishlist - I prefer it to the well known stuff.

So. To those people - thank you.
  • I lost 5lbs this week and now fit into my size 16 jeans. You know - those ones that still have the tags on from when I bought them years ago? My most expensive pair of jeans at £16 (That's expensive to me.) They not only go past my thighs now. They go past my bum and they do up comfortably. Still with a little bit of muffin top so not wearable outside yet but enough for a little Happy Cat dance in them this morning.
I also went for a walk with my lovely friend yesterday. We walked along the beach and decided to take the steps up the side of the cliff and then to walk to the top of the cliff... And I did it. Without stopping, without feeling like I would have a heart attack and I had an amazing catch up with my friend in beautiful surroundings. I couldn't even have contemplated doing that a few weeks ago.
  • Craig , my girls and the Bear. Always.
  • I have been contemplating about adding this last grateful, whether people would think it in bad taste. But, it is my gratefuls so I am. 
My sister told me this week that one of our friends passed away. Suddenly. We don't know the full details yet and it's not my place to put it here anyway. But she was an amazing woman. An author, an actress and in training to be a stunt woman too. I had only seen her the week before - you might recall in my gratefuls that a friend had dropped some canvas and frames round for me to play with. That was her. A strange thing to put on a positives reflections post you might think. But reflect on her positively I have been. We weren't what you would call close friends, but still she had a hugely positive impact on my life. She was so encouraging of my art and in going for my dreams - like she was herself, I suppose.

I have found myself working more on my painting and drawing this week, making firm in my head what my dreams exactly are - not dwelling on "what if's" like I had been. (Still, what if I'd gone to art school, what if I had more time, what if... what if...) I have been bucking up my ideas. And doing stuff rather than wishing I was doing stuff. Because I'm here and I can and she would be if she was here. And it can all be taken away so quickly. Still, she has that positive reinforcement and that's why this is on my Rocking post this week. I'm choosing to dwell on her legacy and what she achieved and how she inspires, rather than anything else.

And for that I thank Virginia and Rocking Fridays. Why not have a little look back on your week and see what you can pick out to smile about?

Thanks for stopping by - how was your week?

6 comments:

  1. I think you're right to include the last grateful, and glad that you've had such an up week!! I think she would be glad that you are responding in the way you have; but what a shock to just go like that! keep on doing!
    I love the happy cat dancing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carmen, how awful to have lost your friend, I'm so sad for you. I LOVE that you included her in this post and have used the shock of her loss in such a positive way.

    Size 16 jeans - you are amazeballs, girl!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An up and down week then . . . (up the cliff and down the weight & loss of friend). Glad to hear you're being positive about the sad things that occasionally happen. Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting recognition in your art too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your loss, but I am glad you have such positivity going on! And yay for the weightloss. It's something I'm struggling mightily with right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carmen that was a really heartfelt reflection but totally understandable and I'm glad you put it, I think your friend would too if I'm honest. I posted a little video the other week on facebook it was from Happify, I don't think anyone actually watched it, but I wrote down what the video said because it really spoke to me, I loved the be happy for what you have statement in it, follow your dreams, listen to your heart, all positives all giving the rocking vibe! I hope this week has been just as positive I'm late doing the Rocking post but no internet and only just landed back!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...