Summer of Color - Week Three

Well lookee, lookee who's posting before the next colours are announced. And with not one, not two but three pieces. *Shines halo*  You aren't dreaming. This is happening.

The colours for this weeks Summer of Color are (not were, are) Lavender, Grey and a smudge, splash or pop of Plum.

First up are a couple of Wonky Cat. I draw Wonky with my left (non-dominant) hand. These are on watercolour postcards. The difference in using decent paper has been amazing this week. No warping at all.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Wonky Cat
Neocolour ii crayons
Twinkling H2o's
Fineliner pen
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Wonky Cat
Neocolour ii crayons
Twinkling H2o's
Fineliner pen
I'll be doing some more of these and sending them off to Sarah for her Free Art Friday event that's launching in Swindon. If you will be near Swindon on the 25th - 26th of July keep your eyes peeled. I know she's had some amazing submissions to release already.

Then - I really want to try and do a face for each colour prompt so I was chuffed to bits to get this one done today. Slightly smaller than A4 and again on good watercolour paper - OK, yes, I'm a convert - the hoarding will stop. I'm only as good as the materials I use...etcetera, etcetera. Lesson learnt!
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Neocolour ii Portrait #SummerofColorFour
Neocolour ii crayons
Kimberley water soluble graphite pencil
I used the below photo as inspiration - I've used it before to trace and then watercolour. This time I wanted to draw her myself - I told my girls she's the saucier side of Pixar - she really is Frozen! Bahaha! 
I found this image on Pinterest ages ago, it's a favourite to draw. I have tried , many times, without luck to find the original photographer. If anyone knows who it is please let me know so I can link and give credit.
If Sarah wants her, my Lady Butterfly will be toddling along to join in with the Free Art event too. Counting her as number 16 of my 40Portraits.

If you'd like to see what the other participants have done with the colour prompt, or join in yourself you can look here.
Thanks for stopping by today :)

23 comments:

  1. You can really go off people, Carmen - not only have you got the current challenge done early (for us!) you've done 3 pieces.. and then you prove you can draw better with your so-called non dominant hand FAR better than I can with my right hand... stunning- I LOVE Wonky Cat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonky Cat has some true words of wisdom here, it's a great wonky drawing.
    Love your portrait too, it's a super take on the original.
    Three pictures in these colours! I struggle to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big yes please to butterfly boobie lady and the super cool cats! love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. xo!
    (And you totally cracked me up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try this site Cam, seems they hosted an exhibition so may be able to shed some light on the photographer if you contact them...

    http://areamagazine.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/untitled_2/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cats look super cool to me :) and I also like the purple lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you really are turning out some fab pieces I love love love wonky cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cats look amazing :)
    The purple lady looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the first cat and his saying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carmen!! Your pieces are fabulous, artistic, and so creative!!! You used the SOC colors beautifully! I love them all! I(And am going to be very happy at work next week and see if I drive everyone crazy! LOL!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously wonderful - although each piece had me grinning. :-) Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow. LOVE the wonky cats. And such a creative way to draw them. Perfect. Your Lady Butterfly is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonky Cat(s) are super cool - how clever to be able to do that with your non-dominant hand.

    Your butterfly girl is also super cool and needs to put a vest on, lol! You've used a brilliant image, and I really like how you interpreted it.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like your wonky cats, but then I am a cat person, I have two. Super pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow-three projects -and fantastic art!! Love them all but that woman is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Criminy! Three peices! You either don't sleep, paint in your sleep, or paint quickly, LOL. But frankly I don't care, I think they are all fabulous!!! Especially wonky catI I have never thought of tracing over an image to play with colouring. osh, I think I live in the dark ages of the art community sometimes. There is so much I never knew. Just a shame I can't blimin remember them all to use as well ! Lol. Thanks for the smiles :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving all of your SOC paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that girl is impressive! I love the photo as well. Wonky cat is so much fun and I like his cheeky sayings. If I drew anything with my left hand it would look like a two year-old had drawn it so I am doubly impressed (actually my right-handed drawing isn't much better, but I digress). Well done and on time too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Pieces this week especially wonky cat....love him!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OK so will the real Carmen please step forward???!! Crikey Mrs you're on a roll - finishing things ahead of time, no self-doubt.....where has the old Carmen gone?? Don't worry about bringing her back tbh - I think I'm liking the new one far more!!! I'm totally in love with Wonky...and as for butterfly girl WOW!! Awesome talent - I'm seriously envious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok Carmen, you are awesome and so is your art :-) I like the second cat best (sorry first cat, I love you too) but your girl is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok, I LOVE your wonky cat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, those cats are adorable .... :-) And I love your girl. I can understand that you've used the picture as a reference a few times already, it's a great model!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...