Stay at Home CJ - Cogs & Wheels & Rust

The CollaborArt "Stay At Home CJ" is a project where  all the participants made just one background and come up with a theme for that background. We then sent our background  to our host, Sarah. She photocopied them and then we all got a full set of backgrounds (and our originals) back to work on. We all work on the same background each month - to the theme set by the backgrounds creator.

April's background and theme was set by Katie. The theme was Cogs & Wheels & Rust... Which to me screams 'Steampunk!' Shortly followed by a "Yikes!" 
Whoopidooings: CollaborArt Stay at Home CJ - Katie's Background
Katie's beautiful background 
I really didn't want to cover up that background. The more I looked at it, the more I saw an angel, so I decided to make a paper doll - making a feature of some of the elements. It wasn't till I was halfway through chopping and snipping that I remembered it was supposed to be a background paper. Whoops. Ah well, to late now!

I kind of love her and I get to keep her. I love that part of this CJ, because we are keeping all the final pieces ourselves, it gives a freedom to experiment that I wouldn't normally do in a CJ that was going to live with someone else.

I reckon she makes number 14 of my 40 Portraits too.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - CollaborArt Stay at Home CJ - Paper Doll/Paper Angel
Katie's background
Neocolour ii crayons
Fineliner pens
This was the last entry in this CJ and a sad farewell to the CollaborArt site itself. Though Sarah has promised to leave the archives up for people to still read. I have enjoyed so much taking part in the collaborations over there - this CJ in particular.

If you'd like to see the varied and different interpretations to this months theme please pop over and take a look. Always amazes me the different things that come out of a group of people working on the same background and theme.

Thanks for stopping by today :)


6 comments:

  1. Fab work as always Carmen, I love how you took the background apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. de-constructed is in fashion with food, so why not art backgrounds?! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you were inspired to use the background in exactly the right way for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love collaborative art! :) Both pieces look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...