*Beware! Mega long, picture heavy post*
I seem to be slipping to monthly posts for my Rocking Fridays but I promise I am still practising daily. Someone said to me recently that it must be nice to have things all rosy every day. It's not that at all - I do have things going wrong like everyone and there would have been a time, not so long ago, that I would have slipped into a dark place very easily at times. But, thanks to Virginia and her Rocking Fridays, my brain is (almost) completely re-trained now. I try and look on the positive rather than leap to what's going wrong instantly like I would have before - it definitely has an effect on my mental well being. I really recommend giving it a try.
So what's made me smile this month? Here are some of the 100 Happy Days photo's I've taken ...
39 - The gorgeous scrapbook page that Virginia did about her Secret Santa gift :)
40 - Shedio had a day of being in full use. Firstly by me and then taken over by Devvie for her school art course work.
41 - Watching Ruby help the Bear with his dinner.
|42 - The box full of scrumptiousness that arrived from Suzanne. I won this via a giveaway on her fab blog.|
43 - Ruby's monster trifle. This took two days to make - the jelly took forever to set. Ruby showed amazing patience during this time.
44 - I'm in a watercolour mood of late and the wonderful Judith has been putting up with daft questions about where to start properly. I took this picture of my new brushes that I'm saving just for watercolours to illustrate that :)
|46 - A lovely day in Hastings visiting Craig's Mum. She treated us to McDonalds because she'd never been and wanted to. We had the yummiest cornetto ever and spent the afternoon doing the arcades, Pirate park on the beach and having a great time.|
|60 - This note from Ruby telling me she 'lufs' me :)|
|61 - We took the kids over to a local park. It was a lovely day and we had a walk round the fields, a yummy picnic and a play in the park. Tired the Bear out good and proper - he napped for a couple of hours when we got home.|
- Random acts of kindness. (You know who you are. Thank you again!)
- Finding myself an amazing accountability partner to stay on track with my arty goals
- Craig and the girls, just in general, just being them.
- Overnight Oats. This calls for an "OMG!" It's a Slimming World breakfast and I make it with tinned rhubarb. It's like I'm woofing back leftover rhubarb crumble and custard every morning! And I lost 5lbs! I laugh when I eat it! I do!
- Person of Interest. About the only show on TV I make sure I watch these days. Love it. (Channel 5 dropped The Walking Dead and Once Upon a Time!! Nooooooo!)
Told you it was a long 'un ;)
If you feel like looking back on your week and picking out the positive bits, follow me over to Virginia's to read what it's all about. She's written a very good explanation in her sidebar.
Thanks for stopping by today :)