Soul Food - Lesson 9 - Letting Go Of Perfect

Heather Santos encouraged us to let go of perfect with lesson 9 of the Soul Food class. Use limited colours and tools and don't worry about the minuscule details. It was really hard to stop faffing and keep it loose. I did use just one brush... but did go in search of a toothpick to scratch in some details and used a Posca pen and Pilot Permaball to add some final details. Just a few itsy bitsy ones - made myself stop before I did too much. Honest Guv! 

*Multiple picture alert* I took some photos as I went along - she started off on the top of a background I already had in my journal. You can see some of the marks peeking through on the final face.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: Letting Go of Perfect Art Journal page (In progress)
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: Letting Go of Perfect Art Journal page (In progress)
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: Letting Go of Perfect Art Journal page (In progress)
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: Letting Go of Perfect Art Journal page (In progress)
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: Letting Go of Perfect Art Journal page (In progress)
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: Letting Go of Perfect Art Journal page
There were many phases of loving and hating this as I worked through it... but I kind of love her now. She accidentally ended up in the journal where I do arty bits that are a kind of message to myself - so that's where I used the Posca pen - the title of the lesson seemed a good message ;)

I reckon she's number 9 of my 40 portraits too. Yay.


Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

  1. so glad you showed all the stages she went through!! I love how she ended up, but really like the first step too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please say you'll do progress photos again, I really enjoyed seeing how this artwork developed :)

    Letting go of perfect is so very difficult, we are taught at school to be perfectionists and it's hard to let that go, however much we want to. I love this face, Carmen.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how she ended up!

    The thing I try to remember is that because no one else knows what it looks like in your head, they will never work out that it doesn't look like what you thought it would (unless you do cool work-in-progress posts, which I love!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the step by step Carmen.. and she is beautiful.. perfect saying too.. Love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Letting go of perfect is hard. But loosening up is good all the way around for our art. I think it's about learning to play again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Letting go of perfect...such a process. I love the process photos of this by the way. I always enjoy seeing the different stages

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...