Soul Food - Lesson 7 - The Birds with Zorana

Lesson 7 of Soul Food involved a whole lot of bodging and faking on my part. The technique taught by the lovely Zorana was a kind of patina effect using Golden fluid iridescent  bronze paint.  When she added water the paint separated into a deep bronze colour and a gorgeous green patina colour. I am still yet to purchase any Golden paints and the bronze I have certainly did not react magically to water the way the Golden branded one did in Zorana's lesson. I also didn't have a marks all pencil... so used a watercolour one. Hence - fake and make do.

We were encouraged to draw some quick simple bird shapes and wash over with this beautiful, beautiful wash. I think this is the first time I'd tried a Gesso resist too... well, a delicate one anyway. I've scraped tons of the stuff through a stencil for texture but this was very delicate. I do like the effect.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Quick Mixed Media birdies
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Quick Mixed Media birdies
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Quick Mixed Media birdies
All birdies:
Gesso
Watercolour pencil
Acrylic & Watercolour paints
Posca Pen
Stencils & Stamps
I've faked my patina colours with bronze paint and green watercolour. I do like the effect but am definitely going to indulge in a bottle of Golden iridescent bronze at some point. Such a cool effect.

Thanks for stopping by for a peek today :)

5 comments:

  1. Carmen they are beautiful, well done on the faking element!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speechless :O OMG these rock and I wouldn't have known you'd faked the technique! Seriously, seriously impressed Mrs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little birds and great pictures. You seem to develop in such a different direction each time you have another lesson on your Soul Food course. Must be good. I read so much about Golden Paints and how wonderful they are, so I googled them and regrettably saw their price, so buying several would cost a bomb, even though they might make a world of difference. But you seem to have produced interesting and lovely works of art by faking and making do - and it is definitely making the technique your own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very cool. I may have to Google for the technique. I have some of their iridescent paint although not bronze. And i never use that paint.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...