What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - My First of 2014

Having a little snoop at Julia's post previous to this weeks WOYWW, she had a really interesting discussion point about why we blog. Some of the answers are really illuminating (and flattering! Thank you Helen! Big smiles this morning.) Some of them said something along the lines  that they keep up with WOYWW because it reminds them to keep creative. It's true. Somehow I fell out of the habit of doing my weekly desk shot. I don't know why. Maybe a shmidge of guilt that I found it harder and harder to visit everyone. But I used to enjoy making those connections, snooping at what other people were doing, how they work. So, here I am joining in again. With the promise to visit as many people as I can. 

We're at my desk out in the shedio today. Please excuse the lighting - it's dull and drizzly here in Kent. This is an amalgamation of two messes - a painty paper weaving thing that I've been doing for one of the Soul Food classes and my crow for the Twitter Art Exhibit (previous post, still time to enter, fantastic event that benefits both the charity and the artist.) Most of the chaos you see here is where I've been mopping up my stencils... and forgetting to clean my brayer by the looks of it! Poo Bum! 
Picture is clickable for better snooping
Because my shedio is titchy, this will mean I have to tidy up before I can play again. Tidying does not come naturally but a necessity in a small space.


If you fancy a snoop at literally hundreds (by the end of the day) of creative peoples workspaces then get yourself over to Julia's for a looksee.


Thank you for stopping by today :)

21 comments:

  1. I'm running late with my visits today [well late for me :-) ].
    Have had a busy morning playing with the twins but they are both down for their naps now so I'm having a quick catch up with my friends :-)
    It's good to see you joining in this week Carmen...love your space however small it is.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 38

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woop woop! She's back! Good to see you on the desks again...it's impossible to comment on everybody's desk...just enjoy the ones you can manage. The shedio is looking good, so glad you've got a wonderful working space like that!
    Hugs, LLJ 51 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shedio space looks great to me. Good to see you back. I never get to look at all the desks but I really enjoy a snoop at a few of them! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never ever manage to see let alone to comment on all the posts.....I love your little craft area....love the colours on that mat....as for the brayer...when you find the solution let me know! I have the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how I love to snoop around your arting space :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to see you..well your shedio shot..ain't it grand having any space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh looks like you've been having some real arty crafty fun. Loving all that colour. :) I enjoy making the mess, not so much the tidying although that is definitely a necessity as I can't start anything new in amongst the mess. LOL!

    Elaine #86

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shedio!!!! Lucky girl!!! Hope you have fun creating, don't worry about mess, you can always shut the door and leave it all behind. That's the fun of crafting! Unless you craft on your bed like me, then tidy is king or else I don't sleep! Happy WOYWW! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun! I love stuff like this - I will have to play along :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lot of amazing color and texture you've got there. It's wonderful to have a space where one can leave a mess. :-)

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #5

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carmen I love that you have a shedio!!!! What a great name. It is grey and getting colder by the minute here in Derbyshire too! I hope you have a heater in your Shedio. Thank you for popping by. WOYWW Hugs from Helen 74 x PS the tidiness has gone already!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's great to see you here again, and you're welcome, glad I could put a smile on your face! it has been wet and awful here ALL day and I'm fed up with it now, I can tell you - but a bit of desk hopping this evening will put that right - starting here! Helen 9

    ReplyDelete
  13. The "shedio" ~ I love that! The space looks cozy and inviting ~ like a great space to create. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm more terrified to show the horror my workspace has become! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always thought this is a genius idea. What could be better than a peek round what everyone else is working at? I'm glad you posted it! keep on making stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love you name of 'Shedio' for your workspace! Lots of stuff to snoop at there too. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #35 xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's been forever since I've been by to see you. Glad I was able to stop by this week. You certainly make the most of your tiny space. It's wonderful that you keep it clean. Shows both dedication and determination.

    Happy belated WOYWW from # 1.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the shedio but surely it is freezing this time of year! Thanks for the visit this week, sorry it has taken so long to reply, seem to have a pile of stuff to do but did finish the little felt house which was gratefully received today - phew BJ#72

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carmen, sorry to be several days late - it's been one of those weeks but I'm determined to catch up! Love the name "shedio" hehe, perfect :o) Looks like very creative chaos going on there - I'm intrigued by all the Marmite pots ...???? Annie C #82

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...