Soul Food - Lesson One - Gelli Plate Fun with Mystele Kirkeeng

Week one of the Soul Food class kicked off with Mystele Kirkeeng showing us a great new technique with the Gelli Plate - well, new to me! She also taught us how to create layers, not be scared to cover up layers, not be precious - just play! Then we created a person and 'found' images in our background. No surprises that all I could spot was a crow!
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Girl & Crow
Dylusions Mixed Media Journal
Acrylic Paint
Posca Pens, Biro, Graphite Pencil
Various stencils, masks, punchinella etc
This lesson put me well out of my comfort zone,  I really enjoyed it though. I started off really hating what was happening on the page but ended up loving the final piece. I've also loved watching what the other people in the class have done. Even though we all followed the same lesson, you can still see everyone's individual personalities and tastes shining through. Mine still ended up grungy! For me, that's a good thing. I reckon she counts as number 4 in my 40 portraits too.


Thanks for stopping by today and taking a peep :)

10 comments:

  1. It sounds a great class, Carmen - and I think your end result is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! Gorgeous colour, images, multi layer and effects...spectacular! xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carmen she's gorgeous and I'm loving the Crow, starting to feel a bit of art envy with all these fabulous lessons you are learning

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful, dear Carmen! I love your girl in he gorgeous background and making!
    Hugs
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your grungy girl and her crow friend!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see your highly creative work again, Carmen. I want to use different words today - I think it is inventive, a little mysterious, out-of-the usual run, and good good good. When I look at it, I see the start of a fairy tale which starts "That blue and yellow day the crow spoke for the first time ….." and I want to know how it continues. You could produce a lovely story from that.
    Thank you for all your encouraging and valued comments. May 2014 be super creative for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh, that sounds interesting. I've recently made myself a gelli plate and have had a simple play but that sounds a fun way to develop from the basics. Loving all that grunge too, right up my street. Enjoy the rest of your courses and a very happy new year too. Nicky{Creative Flourishes} x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful and happy paint Mme Carmen! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to take that class buy honestly i had 2 classes expire that i barely looked at do no more until i finish some.

    Love how you find crows. Or they find you.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...