7 Day Creativity Challenge: Days 1-3

I've been doing the prompts of the 7 day Creativity Challenge this week. The idea is to kickstart you and get your creative juices flowing.  It's free and it's been interesting. You can still sign up if you fancy it.

You are encouraged to tweet your progress. I thought I would group together what I've been doing in a blog post or two - more for myself than anything else.

We were encouraged to think about one word that would describe our intention for the coming year. I know quite a lot of us do this anyway - in place of resolutions or to compliment them. I had already settled on my word for this year and that is Organisation. It's something I'm not very good at. I have a bad memory and a not very good grasp on time management. The internet is a huge distraction. I figure if I can organise my time, housework, work, internet time etc then that must surely equal more art time. That's the theory anyway. I have my own self appointed internet policeman in the form of Craig - it's working having someone question if I am on the internet productively or just wasting time. I don't want to waste time.

We were encouraged to compile a list of goals. No matter how big or small for the coming year, not think about how silly or not they were and just write them down. Display it somewhere prominent so that it will gee us on throughout the year. I've done mine on a white board so I can add to it as I think of things - along with my word. It's pinned slap bang in the middle of the wall above my desk, out in the shedio.

Whoopidooings: #creativitychallenge14 Days 1-3
Talking of the shedio - it was time to "recharge my creative space!" Not before time either. It had been so cold out there that we had been using it as a second fridge over Christmas. Then afterwards everything just got dumped out there - my arty presents and it seemed like a few other things that people just couldn't be bothered to put away.
Whoopidooings: #creativitychallenge14 Days 1-3
Before
Three days after I took the above pictures and I was done. I also figured I might as well do my January purge while I was at it. I started this a couple of years ago when we moved house and had less space. Every January I now go through all my stash and, nine times out of ten, if it hasn't been used in the previous year, it's ousted. This year I also went through my scraps boxes and colour co-ordinated all my scraps. I love collage but never do it because I could never face going through all the boxes. Now I just have to figure out a good way to store them rather than all in one box. Any ideas?

And now I have reclaimed my shedio. Happy bunny face.
Whoopidooings: #creativitychallenge14 Days 1-3
After
I might not have finished the challenge within the week but I will carry on with it as, combined with the class I'm doing, I've already done more art in these first few weeks of January than I did in the last couple of months of 2013! Craziness!

Thanks for stopping by today :)

7 comments:

  1. What a transformation, well done you... I should do something similar... but probably won't!!
    BTW the prima bubbles stencil I got from Craft Obsessions , thought I'd emailed to tell you.. I think it was out of stock again last time I looked though.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a Craig to keep me off the internet. My word for the year is prioritize, so we're definitely on the same wavelength!! More zombies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word for the year is change...I know some of it has been rather forced on me but I intend to use the changes in a positive way....and getting organised is one way. I need a Craig as I waste a lot of time online... :(
    Your shedio is looking fantastic! What a difference.
    I've been doing the challenge in my head...apart from tidying my craft area...I'll take some photos and show you.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another one here that spends far too much time on the internet looking for more and more ideas so there is very little time left to do them!

    I quite like having a tidy up as I find things I've been missing for ages, lol. The downside is that I can get distracted by them...which is why my word for this year is 'finish'.

    One possibility for the paper scraps is plastic wallets - each colour in a different bag? Maybe page protectors as they aren't too expensive.

    Thanks for popping by my blog yesterday, it is good to be back at it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay you! Seriously with the organized scraps by color?! You need to come over to my house next!
    I love what you did - it looks perfect for your 2014 arty adventures!! Can't wait to see what comes from that desk - esp the mermaid for the other C! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo to another list maker. But if you are like me the most successful part is actually making the list - I never manage to do everything on the list and generally not very much. Now that's an interesting one - Read ALL the books"! When I was little my ambition was to read all the books in the world. Didn't manage it. And my hopes of reading all the books I keep being tempted to buy (not helped by the ARC last year) are nil. Don't start with War and Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. I am going to have to stop reading your blog. I just signed up. Now...no more tempting me.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...