Stay At Home CJ - Beastie

Hi all.

It's the second month of the CollaborArt "Stay At Home CJ" where  all the participants make just one background and come up with a theme for that background. We then sent our background  to our host, Sarah. She photocopied them and then we all got a full set of backgrounds (and our originals) back to work on. We all work on the same background each month - to the theme set by the backgrounds creator. 

This month was the turn of my background and I had set the theme as Beastie! Here is my original background which was mixed media using a bit of everything - bookpages, postal stamps, tissue paper, cardboard, acrylic paints... think I did it over the base of a Gelli print too. 

Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed Media background
And here's what I did with it. I could see a figure in the background and also a crows head and beak. So that's what I went with. I've used oil pastels, HB pencil, gel pen and biro. The quote is perfect for how I've been feeling lately and it all just came together quite quickly. (At the last minute, last night!)
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed Media Crow & Watcher
Please go and check out what everyone else did. They've all done gorgeous pieces. Even though they are their own interpretaions of my theme - I can't get over how they are all so, well - me! Even the poem one has used is one of my favourites. Click here to take a look.

Next months theme is Steampunk. Going to have to start that one early. I always struggle with Steampunk!

I'm linking up with Art Every Day which I spotted Jez taking part in. It's a month long project to basically make some form of art every day in November. Seeing as I have been doing something every day so far this month, I thought it would be a good kick up the bum to keep going.

Thank you as always, for stopping by :)

14 comments:

  1. BRILLIANT! I love this, Carmen - it's really mysterious, that person and the crow are amazing and the quote is perfect. I'm going over to see what everyone else has done now :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent! Wow! What a fab challenge! Your Art piece is amazing and I love the poem, it all connects beautifully! I' m in Awe! xio Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous background and I love what you did with it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, Carmen!

    This is jaw-dropping. I love it! SO much mood, talent, restraint and depth.

    One of my faves of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to see the painting within the painting and bring it out like you did. I love the words you choose to go with the images…perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely I could see the figure but not the crow. Fabulous colours to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful art Carmen, and your crow is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! I had a look at all the other art, too....wow! What a neat idea!
    I love that you handwrote your quote, as well....your creative courage is busting at the seams!!

    The crow looks to be the one who needed to hear those words....lovely sentiment :)

    Biggest hugs!!
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors just blend together so nicely Carmen. I love your little crow, the whole thing really but you know I got a thing for crows and ravens ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it was a fun one to do wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous inventive and artistic image, and the Lao Tzu saying as well. I've just checked out all the other images for your Beastie theme and it's great to see the variety and invention inspired by your background.
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my 'Hearts' post. XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carmen how I love your page! Very meaningful and full of imagination! I take a look at the other artists work too...I love this idea that everybody has to work on the same background...what fun!! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!! You are twice in the lotterypot (because sharing on FB too ;) so win a free place in the SOULFOOD Class ♥ Good luck :) ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you've done this, it looks great. It is also a great way to do a Cj as well, gets around some of the usual problems.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am stalking far back today. That face you found. Oh my gosh. And the quote.

    Perfect for today.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...