Secret Santa Last Call & 29 faces

Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: Secret Santa logo

Hi everyone :) First up, a quick reminder that today is the last day to sign up for the Secret Santa. I will be closing the list tonight (UK - time) So far we have people from the UK & one from the USA playing. If you are in the USA and maybe hesitating, if I can get even one more person from the USA I will keep you posting within your own country to keep postal costs down. Come play! 

Next up - way out of September now but determined to finish my 29 Faces. I've been brought up short by a teething bubba who just wants constant cuddles at the moment. Who can blame him - thank goodness we don't remember this time when we grow up.

Faces 19 and 20 are a couple more Scribblers. I do love that program.

Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - 29 Faces

Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: 29 Faces
Face 21... I was messing around with watercolour techniques last year and did this zombie kind of face. I wasn't totally happy with it then and a few people recommended printing it off and dabbling with a few techniques on the print out rather than over the top of the original. This is a print out - my colours are running out on the printer and it came up with this effect which I quite like. So this is my face 21 - I will be playing with the oil pastels over the top of it today.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: Washed out zombie
Face 22 I'm not happy with at all. It started off  as a quickie scribble trying to emulate the Scribbler effect but with a biro. Unhappy with the outcome I went over it in green gouache and white acrylic. Still unhappy, I attacked it with a black Sharpie... and now I am just leaving it - maybe I'll come back when I have the oil pastels out later. Ah well, it's all practice eh?

Hopefully I'll be finished these faces before the next round starts! Thanks for stopping by today :)

5 comments:

  1. I love the blue lady :D - What is the secret santa? is that a challenge to make santa images?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sistah! I missed the Secret Santa... Oh well maybe next year. I have a million and a half things going on anyway. I love your all your faces! I've been using a program called ProCreate on my ipad and it's probably similar to Scribblers. I love it too! Amazing what can be done electronically, huh? I am loving the technique of the print out.

    I was thinking about what you said how good it is we don't remember all the little growing pains we have as children and you are so right. My son is always having little discomforts. Currently he's missing 4 teeth and another is loose. Seriously, this kid could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence!

    Sweet comforting thoughts for your little bubba. <3

    xx Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you can pair me up with Jaime? She's late...but....just saying....haha!

    Love all your faces...even the one that you don't. They all go through an ugly stage and turn around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apologies for being absent for a while. Life and its problems does seem to get in the way sometimes, but I'm hoping that there may be a little more time now.
    So, down to business: I've missed reading your blogs and seeing your great artwork. Face No 22 is terrific and I'd hate to see it change - do the print it out and use or keep the printout so that you still have this version when you do get the oil pastels out. I like the Scribbler Hallowe'en skull, very clever, and the sweet scribbler lady. You really have this program cracked!
    Face 20 is giving me a few creepy feelings up my spine - but as you say, the poor ink supply gives an interesting effect, I look forward to seeing it when you've done the next step. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, but I LOVE the last one!!! They are wonderful - loving the scribblers too! And hey, if it's not too late, I will be that US person if you still need / want one! Let me know :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...