29 Faces - Face 5

This one is very much a face in progress. Two years ago I signed up for a class called Magical Mythical Makings over at Willowing. It was a new class at the time - mythical creatures inspired by the old masters.  I was so excited to be part of a class as it was starting and I knew a few people who were taking the class too. So that was exciting - I imagined doing it all together.

The very first lesson was to do a Klimt inspired Goddess on a huge canvas. Anyway. Life stuff happened, all that got done was a couple of  initial Klimt "research" pages. (You can see those here.) Well, I have finally commandeered said blank canvas, blown the dust off and we're doing a family collaboration 'thing' for our living room using that. 

I've decided 29 Faces is the perfect opportunity to finally work through any unfinished classes I have, starting with MMM. I was so excited at the time to take this class and Tam has so graciously unlocked the Self Study classroom for me. Initially I'm not intending to do the huge canvas (as I don't have another) so just went straight in on top of those first research pages. Incorporating the collaged swatches and the Klimt images as part of my background.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - In my sketchbook - Mixed Media Face in progress
The face is very much in Tam's style and so far am enjoying the smiley person that's emerging.

I don't have the crayons and paint that Tam uses in her lessons - so am muddling through using Gouache, Acrylic and my beloved Aquacolour crayons instead.


Thanks for stopping by today :)

9 comments:

  1. That looks like super fun project! Looks already beautiful. I'm sure it will gorgeous when it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking this one a LOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful idea to have a family collaboration, and even the start of the painting looks lovely. It should look beautiful hanging in your home when it is finished. What a good idea for 29 Faces. Quite a different approach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing this beautiful piece finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the progression! I love the background SO much...It's going to be such a neat finished piece having those other goddesses from your research pages as the background... Can't wait to see more of her! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so intriguing and wonderful. I haven't come across anything like it in my bloggy travels. So unique. I can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how it could possibly look any better with different materials. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful start, Carmen. I love the texture and the colours - yummy! Looking forward to watching you develop it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So love this idea. ..I have also realised that I signed up for the live version as well...ugh...I may be out of luck.

    I love the start...you are more than muddling through. :)

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...