29 Faces - Face 18 - The Trout Pout

As you can see by the number of this face and the date I'm still running a bit behind with these 29 Faces but nevertheless am enjoying the process immensely. Certainly learning a lot along the way.

Face 18 - The Trout Pout - perhaps a homage to certain popular poses on Facebook. *Preparing to leg it shortly after I post this!*
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: In My Sketchbook - Trout Pout
Again, starting out with a textured background I already had in my sketchbook, I painted an Acrylic base, outlined in HB pencil and went to town with the oil pastels.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: In My Sketchbook - Beginnings of a face
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: Trout Pout in Oil Pastel
What did I learn with this one? It's really hard to get any detail in oil pastel over such a textured base. 
Thanks for stopping by :)

12 comments:

  1. This gave me a good laugh. I've never heard the term before, but it's just right for your mad face here. I was wondering how you had painted it so well on that lovely textured background - and then you said it was difficult. Well, you managed to achieve a success with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it may have been hard to do, but I love it! Hope you catch up soon - or at least finish, even if you run behind all the way to the end, because I love what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, nice texture! It really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha. Fabulous! I love it ... stunning texture and the face is just adorable ;-) Great work. A perfect addition to yoiur face collection. Hugs, Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun face. And the texture is superb. You work the oil pastels beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to chuckle when I saw this. Such a great face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha trout pout love it. Every week I have to endure my daughter and her friends posing all over fb pouting!!!

    Its turned out really well, the colours are great and the texture is fab

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredibly cool colors and textures! This is fabulous--beautiful to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you are experimenting with all these portraits. You use a lovely coloring pallet and I love your Zombie!! You have made some great faces; hope you manage to get all 29 faces done. Perhaps another series of six ? (clever daughter).
    I have finished my 29 faces, so I now have some time to visit all the participants of the challenge :-)
    Have a great sunday!
    xxx Marianne MW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great style and humor. That textured background is gorgeous! But I can see how it would be challenging to draw over it. I've never heard that term before -- hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Don't know how you got the pastels to sing like that!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...