Rocking My World Friday...

AGAIN! Already! How can that be?

This is going to possibly be a picture light post as I haven't taken many this week - we'll see. I rarely know what I'm going to write in my Rocking posts. That's the beauty of them. You sit down - start pondering your week and then all this good stuff comes out.

OK - first up - a while ago I bought a huge canvas in preparation for doing the Magical Mythical Makings class over at Willowing. Still haven't completed the class (on my to-do list) but the canvas was literally gathering dust. Craig has been nagging me to do something arty for our walls which are bare and boring (rental house)  magnolia. So I thought, ah stuff it. And started prepping that canvas, whenever I get to that stage in the class I'll find something else to use.

Ruby Monster came out and asked if she could paint too, so then I had the bright idea of getting everyone in the house to contribute something to the canvas. We're only a few layers in but so far she, Devvie and I have done something to it. Logie Bear too if you count the hand prints where he grabbed it when it was wet. Craig has agreed to take up the paintbrush and we'll get Pheebs on it too when she comes home. I just love the idea of a piece of art that we've all had a hand in. This is it so far...
Whoopidooings: Family Collaboration Canvas progress picture
  3 guesses who went for the hot pink!
Whoopidooings: Family Collaboration Canvas progress picture
So, this has been a lot of fun this week - who knows how it will turn out but we're enjoying it.

Second positive - I only had strips of just over an inch wide sandpaper. I'm pathetically trying to sand down this canvas after layers of Gesso and texturey stuff. Sanding more of my knuckles than I am of the canvas. Much muttering and cursing obviously reached my beloved's delicate ears in his workshop.  Lookee what he presented me with this week! 
Whoopidooings: Silverline Sanding Block
Picture filched from Amazon
It's a sanding block! That yellow grip is all cushioney soft! It came with 3 types of sandpaper so I put the finest one on and took it for a test drive. Oh wow - it's so smooth, so easy, I had to run my hand over where I was sanding to make sure it was doing anything! I love it and really recommend it if you are sanding down Gesso a lot - wasn't even to big to work in my journal! I've said it before, I'll say it again. That man really gets me! Flowers? Pfft - tools win my heart every time!
***
Some other little things that have made me smile:
  • Getting the majority of the school shopping finished with minimum fuss. Phew.
  • Quorn Ham being just £1 a packet in Asda (Can be nearly double that in some shops!)
  • The Walking Dead - TV highlight of the week, apart from Once Upon a Time and maybe Holby, I'm not really fussed if I don't watch anything else.
  • Days out that include hours in the open air in a huge play park, Logan going down the slide, playing in an old fashioned penny arcade and Ruby getting excited over cartons of apple juice. It's the little things.
  • Logan's army style belly crawl.
  • When Devvie makes dinner
  • Time in my shed, short but sweet
And that my lovelies, is that :)  How has your week been? Why not pop over to Virginia's and link up with the rest of us? 

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look back with me.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds a pretty ok week to me, Carmen! I love your family canvas, it is gorgeous - and I can't wait to see what else happens to it... Perhaps you could "walk" the Logie across it with paint on his feet... to go with his hands of course! I am sure one of the girls would help him!
    Anyhow, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the canvas! No better art for the walls than one every person in the household smiles at :)

    Sounds like things are good there. I always love to hear that!
    I drank a cup of "your" tea today and thought of you....of course, I had to be inside hiding in my air conditioning to do it....haha! It's hot here....too, too hot!

    Hugs and wishes for another week of wonderful little things to be grateful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How super to have a piece of art that everyone contributed to - will follow the progress with interest.

    Lots of lovely positives there Carmen - sounds like a pretty fab week.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That canvas is looking SUPER! How lovely that everyone is getting their hand in (literally with Logan!).

    The sander looks great - and I agree, tools and supplies beat flowers every time. Well done to Craig!

    Have a wonderful weekend with your gorgeous family :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea to involve the whole family in your canvas.
    You should see the price of quorn products in Spain. They are a nation of meat eaters and just don't get vegetarians, but two of my sons are veggies so I have to go to an English shop for quorn when they come to visit!
    (What makes me smile is that the photo of Happypotamus' bum, has had more comments than anything else in my post!) Ha!!
    have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea to involve the whole family in your canvas.
    You should see the price of quorn products in Spain. They are a nation of meat eaters and just don't get vegetarians, but two of my sons are veggies so I have to go to an English shop for quorn when they come to visit!
    (What makes me smile is that the photo of Happypotamus' bum, has had more comments than anything else in my post!) Ha!!
    have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - a family art piece - lovely yes I know the benefit of this too and it will be something you remember and who did what for a long time.

    Loving the sanding block too I have a phobia of sandpaper - can't stand to touch the stuff so always have to get hubby sanding anything for me as and when it needs it!

    Time in your shed, Logan crawling and time out with family - all blissful moments!

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Playing catch up...expect to be spammed! :) I never finished that course. I should get on to it. I love the idea of that canvas...and I know...Tim did something similar this week...those other girls can keep their flowers. I love the look of the sanding block...better than mine.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...