Rocking My World Friday...

We've been away for just under a week. 12 hours up and 14 hours back (longer pit stops!) 1470 miles on our poor car clock. I loved every single mile going up - I lamented every single mile coming back. Yep - it was a Scotland year and we headed back to Drumnadrochit on the shores of Loch Ness.

The scenery was gorgeous...
Whoopidooings: Drumnadrochit
Whoopidooings: Drumnadrochit
Whoopidooings: Drumnadrochit
The crows were huge (twice the size of our crows and without the 'hood')... 
Whoopidooings: Crow at Scottish Service Station
Whoopidooings: Crow
Whoopidooings: Drumnadrochit
Nessie was spotted...
Whoopidooings: Drumnadrochit - Nessie Spotting
Whoopidooings: Drumnadrochit - Nessie Spotting
Whoopidooings: Drumnadrochit - Nessie Spotting
Gift shops were visited...
Whoopidooings: Drumnadrochit
...and the obligatory (for me) Highland Cow souvenir was purchased. This one was a hand painted tile by Skye Tiles which I am going to frame.  
Whoopidooings: Highland Cow hand painted ceramic tile by www.skyetiles.co.uk
GOLD was discovered! (OK, Gold Marmite but at the bargain price of £1.50 a jar! Inverness Farmfoods people - get there and buy what stock I left! It makes your toast all sparkly!)  
Whoopidooings: TREASURE! Gold Marmite.
Much walking was had - we visited Inverness, Drumnadrochit... and Fort Augustus and the small animal holding there. We didn't take the pram away with us to save on boot space, just the harness. Logie Bear was able to get in on all the action - which he loved.
Whoopidooings: Fort Augustus animal Center
The air was clean, the water was soft. My sister and her partner came too so we were able to spend quality time with them. It was lovely I didn't want to come home. I never do. If someone had said to me "here's the keys - leave everything behind, just stay." I would have.

Once again it brought home to me how little we need to be happy. I took a small travel art case (an old make-up bag packed with sketchbook, travel watercolours and pencil case) a back issue of Somerset Studio and my tablet. Can honestly say I wasn't bored once. Why do I need a house full of crap? The house isn't going to know what hit it when the girls get back to school!

We've talked about it and we wont be going back for at least 4 years - the next driving holiday in 2 years time (we space a year in between to save) we are trying somewhere different - still in the UK. I'm trying not to think about it. Someone said this week that Scotland is my spiritual home. Couldn't have put it better myself. I definitely have a tartan heart.

How has your week been? If you fancy looking back and seeing what made you smile - no matter how big or small, why not stop by Virginia's and link up. We'd love to see you.
Thanks for stopping by today :)

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely journal of your holiday Carmen, the children will remember these family times more than anything else and you are right to feel happy just when you are altogether... it's all any of us need.... just our family and friends around us enjoying simple things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Judith has summed it up very well, so I will just say - love the photos (again!) - even those Gold Marmite jars.... obsessed? You - no at all... lol! Don't feel too sad at being home, just remember a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty you. Love the photos. You are so silly. Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday. Scotland - I am so envious. I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I was grinning from ear to ear, your holidays photos are fabulous and well worth scrapping missy - get yer finger out and start scrapping again, particularly while Logie Bear is so young. Loving the family shot, the one of Logan in his harness with his Dad is fabulous they both look like they are intently interested in everything going on - fabulous stuff!

    You and your marmite jars - love it, never did get the gold one but glad you found gold in them there Scottish mountains!

    4 years before you return is a long time Carmen but there are some fabulous places to visit in this country (some of them not as far away), so I'm sure you'll have fun!

    And yes decluttering really is good for the soul, my house is finally breathing a sigh of relief now that we've done our last run to the tip!

    Lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no-don't leave it 4 years before visiting bonny Scotland again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had great week. Marmite -yuk but DH loves it!
    Love the photo with Nessie - lol.
    Enjoy your coming week and look forward to reading your rockin post next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Simple family holidays like that are the best. It's just such a shame you are so far away.

    Whenever I go to my Mums caravan it always amazes me how happy I am with a handful of art supplies and a book. I am in the middle of a major de clutter, hard going but worth it in the end.

    Suzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see you back. It sounds a perfect holiday of family time all round. Logan looks quite the young man now. How quickly they seem to grow. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a very nice Trip dear Carmen. Beautiful pictures and a similar memory :). Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos Carmen and it sounds like you had a super time.
    I managed to nab a Jubilee Marmite but never found the gold ones - enjoy.
    Have a great week.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks brilliant! I hope you do get a chance to go back even sooner

    ReplyDelete
  12. A tartan heart - I like that! Looks and sounds like you had an amazing time, Carmen - although surely that isn't Loch Ness?! I always thought it was much bigger (that looks like a pond?!). Ruby doesn't look too happy in that photo (?). Great photo of you and Devvie. Only you would have sparkly Marmite toast (does it taste any different?).

    4 years before you go back to your spiritual home sounds like a l-o-n-g time to wait - just think what Logan will be like then (a bit too heavy for a harness methinks!).

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bit of water was Loch Mieklie which ran through the little town town we stayed in - like you say Loch Ness is HUUUGE. Quite big enough for Nessie to easily remain elusive ;)

      Delete
  13. Glad you and your family had a great holiday in my beautiful country Carmen. I wish I'd found your site earlier and knew you were coming up here as it would have been great to see you. I live just east of Perth.
    Anyway, now I've found your blog I will look forward to more great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are fantastic pictures, Carmen!
    Sounds like it was the trip you were hoping for...and more.

    Just think about how much Logan will love exploring your beloved Scotland when he's 4 years older!

    I love the idea of a spiritual home....yes, a place of belonging...a place to always welcome you back :)

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...