Summer of Color - Week 4 - Silver Crow

Week 4 of Summer of Color brings the colour combination of Charcoal Grey & Pale Pink. I have been voting for this combination since the beginning. The pale colours are not in my comfort zone but I love what many other people like Natasha White and Lynne Hoppe  do with them. And I love the colour charcoal.

I knew I wanted to do a crow - but not how I'd do it. I've been admiring Jo's Summer of Color journal - in a green with jealousy kind of way. So thought I would try my hand at a homage to her style :)
Collaged papers
Acrylic Paint (Kaiser Colour, Reeves & Liquitex Basics)
Various pens (Copic, Posca, Fineliner)
HB Pencil

The crow has a silver tint. I always seem to colour my crows silver when I start drawing them, I suspect my friend the Silver Crow has something to do with it. The journalling is some crow symbolism facts that I copied directly from here.

I'm off to link up with the other participants - just by the skin of my teeth I reckon ;) Thanks for stopping by today.

10 comments:

  1. I am loving this Bird! I had such a great time drooling over him and visiting the other gorgeous work you linked to. Thanks for a great time! Can't wait to see more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Mother of Goodness. Did you hear that? That was me squealing that I am even mentioned in the same sentence as Lynne Hoppe!!!

    You have no idea the joy that you just brought me.

    I love that you drew the Silver Crow. I know what it means to you and it suits the colours well. I love this page. LOVE. And I love you too! xx :)

    I can't believe I am mentioned in the same sentence as Lynne. I keep scrolling back up to see that you actually wrote that!!!!!

    Smiling like a crazy person over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!! I can comment again!
    Love, love the crow...ad all the fascinating facts.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen..he's so handsome. I love this so much I'm thinking of sending you a photo of my mate Darnley the Magpie to see what you do with him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carmen that's amazing and gorgeous - love it love it love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your charcoal grey and pink spread is beautiful, and I love that silver crow. It all comes together so well to make a great impact.
    We have quite a lot of crows coming to our gardens around the flat, but only black ones. We are on the site of a former convent, and I always think they look like the nuns, waddling around in the garden and looking after us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the mentioning me and declaring this a homage to my sketchbook, Carmen - but I have to say that I definitely could not have done as much justice to this silver crow, he's amazing!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...