Summer of Color - Cheating Fruit Flan

So this weeks colours over at Summer of Color (it confuses me spelling that two ways!) is Candy Apple Red & Yellow. The only thing I could think of, that has been sticking with me all week - has been Snow White's poisoned apple with a drippy yellow skull. 

Then time ran away with me. 

So I made this mango and peach fruit flan today...
 And the colours matched... I know it's cheating... 
But I'm sure going to enjoy a cold, cool slice of Cheating with evaporated milk tonight. 

Mmm. Mmm.
It's been so hot here, my shed is like an oven. By the time the evening cools down I'll get a half hour to an hour out there before I'm called in to see to bubs... and I've been working my way through a book (Acrylic Solutions over there on the side bar.) Time literally did run out but I will come back to Snow White's apple now that the seed (geddit?) has been planted.

Next week is the last week of Summer of Color for this year - it's gone so fast and I've really enjoyed it. A few of us are talking about carrying on with the poor unused, unloved colours that didn't win the vote each week. Am hoping we do!

Thanks for stopping by today :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - that looks so good. Wish I could reach in and have some. Beautiful summer color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. xo
    (not cheating, just lovely! xoxo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this looks delicious!!!. Yeah, there are so many yummy colors left its almost a pity not to play with them I would think :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheating..oh no, this reallly is summer colour! Been dieting for so long that I had quite forgotten about evaporated milk.....mmmmm, perfect with fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm, that looks so yummy. How can it be cheating, the colours are perfect LOL

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The most delicious Post yet my dear! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...that looks good, though now I am swearing off sugar from my life I wish I had never seen it!

    Mango and peach scream summer! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, have you got any of that flan left?! It looks so delicious!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flan was lovely ;) You could maybe still do your snow White's apple?!

    Devvie :) x

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...