Summer of Colour - Week 2

I think I'm scraping in by the skin of my teeth - just don't know where this week has gone. The colour theme for week two over at Twinkle Twinkle was Orange and Hot Pink.  On my walk to school there is a garden just full of the most amazing roses, colours I've never seen before - pale lilacs, marshmallow pink, raspberry ripple...  orange and hot pink. So this was my inspiration. 

How do you feel about taking photos of plants in someone else's garden? Even if it's on the perimeter right next to the pavement? Devvie and I felt decidedly shifty taking these on her phone, don't ask why - I couldn't say. But that's why these are a bit blurry. Nonchalant stroll past's with phone in hand, quick ninja stealth photography and speed walking away...  don't make for clear shots. You get the idea though :) 
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Rose inspiration for Summer of Colour
Pretty, pretty.
Here's what I did. This is in my big old 14x11.5" sketchbook. My picture doesn't show the texture - the majority of the paint was put on with a palette knife. I love this in real life... I'm not mad seeing it on screen - you'll have to take my word for it being better in real life. (Pretty please.) 
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Grunge Roses
Acrylic Paint (Kaiser Colour & Reeves)
Gesso
Sharpie Paint Pen


Thanks for stopping by today - back later with a Rocking Friday post :)

16 comments:

  1. The roses are glorious and your painting is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it looks awesome on screen so it must be flipping amazing in real life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright color and your painting is beautiful. I've missed seeing your blog. I was on a very long break. Closed my Weather Vane blog and just started a new one. I need to catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! See you on SOC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, even on screen - bet it's amazing irl! Love these colours. I have some roses like this in my garden and I'd be flattered if you photographed them and did a fab painting like this of them! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really vibrant. I love using a palette knife to paint and it creates a great effect too. Know what you mean about taking photos of other people's stuff, anticipating being told off like a kid. Great to see you in such a productive creative mood again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the texture is amazing! You've caught those roses beautifully, the colours really sing :)

    I wouldn't have a problem with someone photographing flowers in my front garden - although they'd have a job to find some in our building site of a garden :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only thing I don't like people taking photos of is me!! lol No problem with my flowers though!!

    Your soc is beautiful!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a wonderful take on the colours... I absolutely love it to bits... fabulous... and the photos are all kinds of wonderful too...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos and an amazing work of art! I love how you used this week's SOC colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your painting is gorgeous!!!. Yes, I can see the scrapping bit of the knife, lovely colors & texture. Amazing how beautiful things we see in just moments but inspired us so much to create more beauty :). LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the inspirration and the finished art work - utterly gorgeous and amazing I bet the texture is fantastic up close, I've never worked with a palette knife but strangely enough was looking at a set of them yesterday - spooky! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I absolutely love it on the screen, so I have no doubt it's breathtaking in person!

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha! I was doing that with my phone just yesterday! Taking random pictures of other people's flowers - I get it, but if I saw you taking shots of my flowers I would be flattered. :)
    Your page is beautiful, the color and energy is just perfect, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...