Summer of Color - Week 3 - Maleficent

Week 3 already with Summer of Colour. Initially when I heard the colours for this week - Lime Green & Purple, I was all AAARGH! What? My next thought was Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. So that's what I did.

She is in my big 14x11.5" sketchbook again and this is a small homage to one of the great villains. (They are always so much more interesting!) I know, I know - she's supposed to be green. Like I say - homage. Didn't want green overkill. (Plus my printer is dodgy and in the reference pictures I printed out, her skin was showing as more orange! Ssh!)


Acrylic Paint (Liquitex Basics)
Fineliner Pen



While googling for some pictures to work from, I came across a link about a film being released in 2014. Angelina Jolie playing Maleficent. Telling the story from her side. That's one I want to watch - even if it does smack a little of the Wicked story idea ;)

Thanks for stopping by today :)

23 comments:

  1. I love that she's in your Big Sketch book! She should be! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love the purple dragon in the background.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! What a great villain...love the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous work. Love the colors too.
    lovely greet
    Marja
    www.marjascreativity.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are perfect for your fabulous villain...Super Duper page Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing..I love the idea of her being "big" too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very cool, Carmen! I love the drips and dribbles, and you've carried off this colour combo with style :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the colours for your painting, love the way the paint has dripped down the page too, great effect. BJ SOC#41 and thanks for visiting my offering already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Carmen. Loving the drips. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWWW!! I LOVE this page so much, gorgeous, mysterious and she is eerily beautiful!!. I sure want a pet dragon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way you handled the dragon version of her, very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is fantastic - I love the drippy background - it's just stunning with that powerful image. A really great idea for this weeks colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this combination of colours... have it in my spare room!! And also did the sea holly paintings in similar colours with a bit of blue added.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy your art SO much. You draw so well. Couldn't help but appreciate the time it took you to make this entry. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your subject, balance of color, composition, AND your blog. So entertaining and funky!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to see that movie too!! I love what you did, love me some drippy goodness!! :) She looks great. The baddies have much more character!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Stunning! You did an amazing job with this week's colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good way of capturing a villain and those colours were perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...