ICAD 2013 - Week One

After watching a few of the bloggers I follow have a lot of fun with ICAD (Index Card a Day) last year - I thought I would join in this year. This is a two month project hosted by Daisy Yellow with optional prompts and themes. I think the main idea is to get you creating, every day -  a jump start to your creativity. Click the logo below to read all about it in detail.

So this is my first week of cards. I'm using 6x4" cards and they are lined on both sides. (Nicked from Craig's office.) I thought I would join in originally just as a bit of fun but I really get the exercise now. It really does loosen you up - in my case I do no forward planning each day so couldn't tell you ahead of time what will be on each card. What you see is what spills out of my noggin :) So far I haven't used the prompts or themes but I might do as the two months progress.

Day 1:The first day I started stressing out. What do I do? What do I use? Where do I start? So in the end Day 1 didn't get done until Day 2. This was the result of me just telling myself off. I wrote over the words about five times in different pens, drumming it in - my version of lines at school.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: ICAD Index Card A Day 2013: Day1 - Start Somewhere...
Gelli Plate print (Kaiser Colour Acrylics)
Gesso (Baby wiped over and scrubbed off)
Perfect Pearls Mist (Painted on, not sprayed)
Various pens (Posca, Copic, Fineliner, Biro...)


Day 2: I'm terrible for comparing what I do to other people. Even people who don't do anything remotely similar to me but that I admire. Another message to myself. Many apologies to the UK readers if you get a certain ad stuck in your head.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: ICAD Index Card A Day 2013: Day 2 - Don't Compare
Gelli Plate print (Kaiser Colour Acrylics)
Gesso
Balzer Designs mask
Perfect Pearls Mist (Painted on, scan hasn't picked it up - it's through the middle section)
Alpha Stamps




Day 3: I got a bit over eager and didn't wait for the paint to dry - so she didn't stamp properly. I then had to wait (impatiently) for the paint to dry and drew over the dodgy printed image with a fineliner. All the time I was doing this I was having a little boogy and going "beep beep!" in my head. No, I don't know why either but that's the reason behind the words today.
Acrylic paint (Kaiser Colour)
Stampotique Stamp
White Posca Pen
Alpha Stamps

Day 4:  Because it was sunny. Not to hot, not to cold. Perfick. And it made me smile.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: ICAD Index Card A Day 2013: Day 4 - Let The Sun Shine
Acrylic paint (Kaiser Colour & Reeves)
Alpha Stamps
Fineliner pen



Day 5: No idea how this one came about. Started off with a card that had the left over yellow from my sun scraped over it. Decided to go abstract and did some primary shapes to form a body. Kind of. Was thinking statue at this point. Didn't like it so rollered over the whole thing with gold and bronze. Decided I might like it after all, so scrubbed at it with a wet wipe. Liked the look of it emerging through the paint so added some black round the edges. Decided it needed... something. Went at it with my Posca Pen and this is the result. Totally surprised to see an angel but I do quite love her.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: ICAD Index Card A Day 2013: Day 5 - Watch Over Me
Acrylic paint (Kaiser Colour & Reeves)
Posca Pen

Day 6: This one is my attempt at being topical. This stencil always makes me think of jelly fish. (although Devvie says it's cookies and Pheebs says it's dinosaur scales...) So, it was on the news the other day that this summer is going to see an invasion of jellyfish in the Worlds oceans. They're going to be everywhere, coming at you - storming cities... maybe not quite that bad. But you get my drift. (Ahaha! See what I did there?) This is my invasion.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: ICAD Index Card A Day 2013: Day 6 - Invasion
W&N Galeria Modelling Paste
Stencil (Balzer Designs)
Acrylic Paints (Kaiser Colour & Reeves)
Perfect Pearls Mist

Day 7: Two little skullies. I think they need words but I can't think what. Maybe something to add later. These were a complete pain to photo - all the rest are scanned. I tried scanning, taking a photo under artificial light, photo under the sun, photo in the shade... I think it's where I used so much Gesso on the base? Maybe it's reflecting the colours or something. The blue is much paler and brighter in real life - it's the same blue as on my sun card. 
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: ICAD Index Card A Day 2013: Day 7 - Skullies
Gesso
Watercolour Paints
Acrylics Paints (Kaiser Colour & Reeves)
Hand cut masks
Posca Pen
So that's my first week. I'm enjoying the process, I'm enjoying trying out little ideas and new techniques and I'm just enjoying playing - full stop. Are you doing ICAD this year? Let me know so I can come see your cards. 

Thanks for stopping by today :)

19 comments:

  1. oooh I haven't seen the last three of these yet on the facebook group, things move so quickly on there!

    I love all your cards but especially the angel, she (or he?) is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go compaaaaare go compaaaaare. So arty. So jealous. Way to go, girlie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all of these Carmen, but the sun one is my favourite. I refuse to sing go compare so I'm not listening la la la la fingers in ears lol

    I'm so glad you put the link on your blog last week. It's getting me back to creating daily which has got to be good and I don't have a plan either lol

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend

    Suzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carmen they are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them - I knew I would - day 1 is perfect - day 2 is going to annoy me now... go compare to you too!! If I get it stuck in my head I will be croooooooooossssssssss!!! LOL. Don't think I'll get to join in now.. maybe next year. (I know, I know!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're joining in with ICAD - just look at the beauties you've done so far :)

    I love the variety of the cards you're producing. Good luck with keeping up!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! so busy. The smiley face really caught my attention. How can anyone help but cheer up when seeing that face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ICAD really seems to be suiting you and getting you going again. And the cards that emerge are so interesting and colourful. BTW it's so much easier now to recognise that you have put up a new post. The old Rocking my world was good, but I never realised for a long time it stayed even when you put up a new post, so the blogging course is showing benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gotta have a go at this - have left my index box on my craft table to start tomorrow - even IF I only do it for a week, its a brill challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well for someone who had to have a self pep talk to get started (love that card) you certainly got on the band wagon. i love all of these cards. i think the don't compare one is my favorite because don't we all have that tendency to look at someone else's work and say "i wish...", like I wish mine looked this good, hehehe. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are an amazing artist and I adore your day 3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all just great Carmen! I love the jelly fish and skullies I must admit. And I thought of words you could use for the skulls... "Come here often?" lol! love all your work and dedication. I tried this last year and flaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. way cool cards! so fun, and I had to giggle about the 'waiting for the paint to dry.' that's where my hair dryer comes in! love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are wonderful! I LOVE the Beep Beep (and the fact that you went with what was in your head :) and the dinosaur scales :)
    Thank you too for your SOC comment and for trying to vote. The poll has now been fixed if you want to try it again, ugh!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Carmen! Way to go with your project! Love the backgrounds you did on the gelli plate. I want one of those but gotta save my pennies!! Keep it up now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love them all but that angle one is fabulous... all that energy...xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I love the skulls. :) I adore all your cards, and I love that they are all so different and just whatever you were feeling on the day. I couldn't even pick a favourite. I can hardly wait to see your cards at the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in love with your 'Beep beep' card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. *_* Ohhhh.... yours Skullies are so Cutes!! i dare!!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...