ICAD 2013 - Week 3

These are the cards I did in week three of the Index Card a Day project. I'm running behind still - about 5 days I think. But my goal is just to get the 61 cards in total - I know I'm probably going to run over the time but just to complete the project is my personal goal.

I'm finding it such a learning curve and I've not even done the prompts or themes, just whatever pops into my head when I sit down with a card in front of me. 

These are all 6x4" lined index cards.

Card 13 - A Pisces Gelli Plate Print- the first fish is a masked print, the bronze one is painted on. Pisces - because I am.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - ICAD Index Card a Day - Gelli Printed Pisces
Gelli Plate Print
Acrylic Paint (Reeves & Kaiser Colour)
Hand cut mask
Alpha Stamps
Posca Pen

 Card 14 -  I've been a bit wobbly about my eldest "baby" leaving school. The scribbles around the figure read "Time is moving to fast and I don't think it's right" over and over. I have to say - for the first time, I think I get journalling now. Like proper, release of feelings, journalling. Felt so much better after doing this and I realised no-one else has to be able to understand what I wrote or why - it's for me to get stuff from out of my head. *Lightbulb*
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - ICAD Index Card a Day - Journalled Gelli Print
Gelli Plate Print
Acrylic Paint (Reeves & Kaiser Colour)
Hand cut mask (From a magazine)
Posca Pen
Card 15 - Another one relating to my baby leaving school.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - ICAD Index Card a Day - Gelli Print Landscape
Gelli Plate Print
Acrylic Paint (Reeves & Kaiser Colour)
Alpha Stamps

Card 16 - Ruby always gives me the green and yellow sweeties out of her packet because she knows they are my favourite. These are the wrappers :)
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - ICAD Index Card a Day - Sweetie Wrapper collage
Sweetie Wrappers
Alpha Stamps

Card 17 - As talked about a bit in my Rocking Friday post. I feel like I'm entering a new phase in all ways. These acrylic smooshings summed that up (to me.)
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - ICAD Index Card a Day - Acrylic Smooshings
Acrylic Paint (Reeves)
Magazine clipped text
Card 18 - It piddled down last week - and I stood in my shed making this card and watching it hammer down. Not my usual style at all but I like it. 
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - ICAD Index Card a Day - Book clippings and Acrylic paint
Acrylic Paint (Kaiser Colour & Reeves)
Book clippings
Pencil
Posca Pen
Thanks for stopping by today and taking a peep. If you're doing ICAD let me know so I can come nosey and say hi :)

6 comments:

  1. Great ICAD cards again - love the journalled ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Carmen, love the paint smooshing ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. I am so enjoying seeing all the cards that so many of the bloggers I follow are doing. 15, 16 and 17 are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative. I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carmen,
    My babies (18 and 16) are getting ready to fly too:( I feel your Mama pain! I am so glad that the Lord gave us Art and this wonderful Community of People. These are beautiful cards and I missed a few on the ICAD site so I'm glad you did a roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Go you. These are all most fabulous!! Gorgeous work Carmen. You are in the zone. :) Also, I meant to say re: the hula hoop in the last post, we can't get the hang of it.in this house! We have unco hip action I think!!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...