ICAD 2013 - Week 2

Week 2 of ICAD and I've still been playing along. I might end up doing two cards one day and none the next but I'm determined to have the full 61 cards by the end of it... it just might take me longer than the 61 days. I'm terrible for joining these challenges and then not staying the distance so that in itself is a mini challenge I have set myself.

Day 8 - I printed the bird birthday card  I had made a couple of weeks ago directly onto the index card . (Original is hereIt came out paler than the original - my printer is rubbish. So I picked out the black bits again in acrylic paint and then Glossy Accents. I know I've got the lyrics slightly wrong but I didn't have much space so took a bit of licence with that - I hope Mr Cohen doesn't mind ;)
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: ICAD week 2 - Like a Bird on a Wire...
Art printed directly to card
Acrylic Paint (Reeves)
Glossy Accents
Alpha Stamps
Day 9 - I'm a pretty rubbish stamper so you wont believe how chuffed I was to get the cat on the ravens back first time. Wasn't quite so chuffed that I misjudged how much room the text would need. 
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: ICAD week 2 - The Hitchhiker
Acrylic Paint (Kaiser Colour & Reeves)
Stamps (Cat = Stampotique,  Raven = La Blanche)
Alpha Stamps
And did you notice the raven was silver? Eh? Eh? Maybe a relation to my crow ;)

Day 10 - I just wanted to see if it would fit on the card... it did!
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: ICAD week 2 - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Acrylic Paint (Kaiser Colour)
Alpha Stamps
Days 11 & 12 - I posted about these on Friday  for Summer of Colour and Tutorial Try-Out. You can see how I did them if you click here.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: ICAD week 2 - Love Shine a Light
Collage
Acrylic paint (Kaiser Colour & Reeves)
Watercolour pencils (Derwent)
Posca pen
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: ICAD week 2 - Fly Butterfly Fly
Collage
Acrylic paint (Kaiser Colour & Reeves)
Watercolour pencils (Derwent)
Posca pen
Fineliner
Various stamps
I'm running a few days behind so this isn't a full 7 days but I'm really happy with the way my little stack of index cards is starting to build up. It's a great way to try out new techniques on a little, inexpensive canvas so to speak. 

Thanks for stopping by today :) If you are doing ICAD too, be sure to leave me a link so I can visit you.

14 comments:

  1. They are all fabulous, Carmen - well done for keeping up with this (I'll maybe try next time, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Carmen - I'm loving seeing all the index cards that are appearing around blogland...I might even give it a try myself.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been keeping sooo busy!! It's wonderful to see what comes of your playing!! Great stuff, Carmen!! You're going to have an amazing stack at the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I'm NOT the only person who can't stamp well, or admit it! But you do so much better than I. Really like these cards. Yours are so colorful and different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carmen these are all.just gorgeous. This really is a lot of fun to be a part of, so much inspiration to draw from

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all..., especially the bird one at the top... did I email you that I did your mug???? probably not I am rubbish at things like that... had a great time painting it... thanks for being part of the fun...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool stuff. I'm loving stamped quotes at the moment..mine all come out a little wonky but I kind of like them a little care worn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really great! My favourite is the birdie on the wire! Mr Cohen is still so the king of depression; but you have to love him!!! I love the contrast of the black and blue on this and the way the text goes with it. Well done for getting that cat just where you wanted him! Maybe - like Helen - I'll try joining in with ICAD next time. You've inspired me! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards. Just having 61 cards was my challenge last year, and to actually finish something. It made a difference to my approach. Love, and much adoration. I am not a stamper either. Silver crow...certainly a relation!

    Go you! You are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each is beautiful and unique ...got a big smile from the supercali...whatsit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Carmen they are all awesome, I like the Mary Poppings reference one and the Crow one I think is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is difficult keeping up with challenges, I agree Carmen. Loving the style of the ICADs you've done so far. I've been doing mine on a catch up basis and am now up to date,... well, almost! Come on, we can do it! Just grab yourself a card whilst you watch TV (I'm currently watching Big Brother!...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am hopeless at stamping and stencilling and do envy people who have those skills. Your hitch-hiker and Super-etc cards are so inventive and i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all these, esp your day 10 card.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...