Bird on a Wire

I've been having fun with the Gelli Plate again. We all know I'm not a card maker. For some reason I decided to cobble together a birthday card for Craig - had to be birdie themed for the Bird Man didn't it? 

I had that song "Bird on a Wire" going round my head so that's what I went with. I've decided to start listening to my inner jukebox - maybe it's trying to tell me something. 
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing: Bird on a Wire
Gelli Print
Gesso
Stencilling & doodles


The background is a Gelli print with hand-cut masks and a Balzer Designs one. (That doily image.)  It's all toned down with Gesso smooshed on with a wet-wipe and then vigorously (when I realised I'd put to much on) scrubbed off again with a clean wipe. Happy accident in that I like what happened. Bits of gold Acrylic were then rubbed on top with the original wipe. The bird is black Acrylic through a birdie stencil I've had forever. (I'm not even sure it's supposed to be a stencil - it's made from chipboard? But I love it.) The rest is doodling.

Pretty chuffed with this one. His Highness seemed to like it. All in all - glad I am starting to listen to those voices. 

Will be doing it more often. Beware!

Thanks for stopping by today :)

12 comments:

  1. that's flipping gorgeous - I hope he framed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. that's beautiful.. love it... framing would be great... listening to the voices is good...lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't listen to the voices telling you to push little old ladies under a train.

    Superb card, perfect for your Birthday Birdman (belated Happy Birthday to Craig, btw).

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, there is an inner card maker in you, bursting to get out - I knew there was! Hope Craig had a lovely birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it ...so eye catching ...so amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This works really, really well! That bird is terrific and - although I don't know you that well - it kind of reflects the you I sort of know. I love it and I think I have an inner jukebox too maybe I should start listening. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this Carmen, you should listen to your inner jukebox more often, love the little dangling hearts

    Im not much of a card maker either but the last one I did for my Mum I did a painty one and I enjoyed doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's fab! I certainly do hope you get to make a few more of these

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey lovely! This is gorgeous,love the colour combos and you can never go wrong with a bird for me either ;) Loving your new studio space too, what a lucky girl..and especially loving seeing your sweet smiley self! I'm presuming Craig's birdies have been relocated to somewhere even fancier (from what you've shared can't imagine his precious tweets getting downsized?!)Hope you and your family have a lovely summer too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! Listen to that voice. Love the card!! Also love happy accidents. I just made a gelatin plate last night. Such a palava though to leave it in the fridge. Haven't got the room to do it too often.

    I imagine that Craig was very well pleased with a card made with so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed this one, so sorry. It is a great piece of art. I do love simplicity of design, which always has so much impact. I think this is good enough for a commercial card. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...