WW CollabPOEration

I'm doing a collaboration with the Wednesday Whine (WW) girls on Facebook. We decided to do a round robin which will be piece of card divided into sections and we'll complete a section on each others card in the chosen theme. The agreed card size was supposed to be 8"x10". Somehow I read that as 8"x12" so that's what my card is. I tell you, every thing I've made lately has been the wrong size - my Exquisite Corpse piece is taped together under all the layers of paint because I cut that one to small! (But I can't show you that one yet so, shh!)

Anyway - it took me an age to decide on a theme. Would it be shades of purple, zombies, skulls, skeletons, crows... which took me to ravens and then *ping* Edgar Allan Poe. See? You're getting my genius and oh so subtle post title now aren't you?

There are six of us taking part and so six layers. this is my first layer. I was oh so tempted to go with ravens and crows... but then I saw this Poe quote online. It seemed so apt - my memory is the worst you can imagine. So that's what I went with.

" If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered" 

And I've written it slightly wrong on my piece, I've just noticed - dammit. Ah well, it's coming back home to me and I will still love it. Terrible, terrible memory, see?

Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Edgar Allen Poe - Mixed Media
  • Mixed paper collage 
  • Gesso 
  • Stamping with Acrylic paint
  • Image printed on tissue paper and picked out with Drawing Ink
  • Tree stencilled with both Acrylic Paint and Drawing Ink
  • White Posca Pen

This is it on the piece of card, just waiting for all the other lovely Poe art to join it. I can't wait to see it all filled up.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Edgar Allen Poe - CollabPOErative Mixed Media
The bottom layer isn't smaller - just wouldn't fit in my scanner.
It's on it's way to Sam and I now have Sarah's Copper & Teal themed piece to work on. I'll update as the round robin progresses.

Thanks for stopping by :)

12 comments:

  1. He's just a Poe-boy from a Poe-family..... :D

    Looking forward to it reaching me - it's gonna be fun!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I like your take on it very much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really Good Carmen! Have no idea what I am going to add to it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! and I like the slightly re-quoted quote..why not make it all your own, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous Carmen, wonder what it will look like by the time it reaches me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Love your strip. It sounds like a bigger version of the postcard collaboration I was in (which reminds me I should blog about it). Such a lot of fun, and I loved seeing how we all interpreted the theme differently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carmen - just to say thank you for your kind comments and for becoming a follower; do, do, do watch the old Cat People, it's one of my favourites, vintage B&W and I don't think you'll be disappointed! And ooh yes, could you tell me how to do that email thing; I'd be sooo grateful? My email is woletz1@hotmail.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fabulous idea and I love your Poe section. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL what a great quote. It also fits for me ... It's all wrong what they say about crib sheets - at least at a certain age LOL Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your slightly menacing Poe piece (that looks better on paper than when you say it out loud!). I haven't read Poe for years, but your picture can still evoke the shivers down my spine. Great.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...