Cam's Cocoon - Part 2

Tadaa! Presenting - Cam's Cocoon. Otherwise known as Cam's Studio/Art Shed/Messy Area/Haven from Chaos. Formerly known as Craig's Bird Shed. (Hence the green colour - it's what canary breeders use in their cages.) It now looks like this...
Whoopidooings: Cam's Cocoon/Art Shed/ Miniscule 6'X4' Studio
From the door
Whoopidooings: Cam's Cocoon/Art Shed/ Miniscule 6'X4' Studio
Still from the door.
Obviously I wont be using this chair any-more  unless I want to sit with my chin on the table. I usually stand when painting, hence the height of the desk. If I do feel like sitting, I'll bring out the kitchen stool. I'm keeping the chair under the desk for this fella...
Whoopidooings: Cam's Cocoon/Art Shed/ Miniscule 6'X4' Studio companion - Cooper the Piddly Pooper.
Whoopidooings: Cam's Cocoon/Art Shed/ Miniscule 6'X4' Studio - Desk
Lots of shelf storage
Whoopidooings: Cam's Cocoon/Art Shed/ Miniscule 6'X4' Studio
Whoopidooings: Cam's Cocoon/Art Shed/ Miniscule 6'X4' Studio
 These two wanted to test the desk strength :)
Whoopidooings: Cam's Cocoon/Art Shed/ Miniscule 6'X4' Studio
Cue much hilarity when Devvie decides it would be good to take a picture of me inside to show scale. (I love that it's a one person space!)
Carmen of Whoopidooings: Cam's Cocoon/Art Shed/ Miniscule 6'X4' Studio
Flattering, mid-guffaw, shot.
Carmen of Whoopidooings: Cam's Cocoon/Art Shed/ Miniscule 6'X4' Studio
See this? It's mine all mine. My Kingdom. 
Carmen of Whoopidooings: Cam's Cocoon/Art Shed/ Miniscule 6'X4' Studio
Try and take it. You think you can take me? Bring it! (Ruby looking slightly worried)
Carmen of Whoopidooings: Cam's Cocoon/Art Shed/ Miniscule 6'X4' Studio
Hmm, I feel all artistic like. Inspiration has struck.
Tralalala - serious artist at work. Child magically turned into dog with the overspill  of  inspirational, artistical happenings.
Hope wherever you are this fine Bank Holiday weekend, that the weather has been as kind as it has with us. Thanks for stopping by today and indulging me in my happiness over a little shed :)

11 comments:

  1. It may be small (or perhaps we'll say compact, bijou) but it is as you say all yours - hope you'll be very happy in your shed and create lots!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks fantastic! and I do like the canary green ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that post made me laff, several times! The diddy chair, the fun photos, the captions too :D

    I am LOVIN' your new arty kingdom (queendom?!). Craig is a star for getting this sorted.

    ENJOY!!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

    Oh how fantastic, and what a treat that no one else can fit in as well. Also...the storage, I am insanely jealous, can you feel it??

    You are not only fabulous but hilarious as well, I was cackling while reading the post and photos.

    Yay for private art spaces, I can't imagine anyone would dare try and take it from you after seeing the fearsome you that would greet them!

    PS. I suspect this is a stupid question (in which case you are welcome for the laugh!), but I am genuinely curious, is that true about the green? Does it help in some way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true. Norwich and Gloster canaries are shown in cages with the interior painted that colour so some breeders paint their home cages the same so that they are used to it. Craig says it helps that he likes the colour anyway. He's not sure why that colour in particular has been chosen/specified - it's just been that way as long as he's known it. Maybe it shows up the birds colours well.

      Delete
  5. Oh Carmen that's fantastic, lots of shelves a fab desk space and your queendom is complete, can't wait to see you creating in their soon! Loved the hilarious captions for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your lovely new space. Here's wishing you many creative moments in your art space.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that it is a one woman space ....well, one woman and her dog....but no children of course xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's brilliant! I'm especially glad to see it has got heat too..you've got to keep warm while you make stuff. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for Craig getting that space all ready for you! It is the loveliest little art nook I've seen...and that sweet doggy face keeping you company is a plus, too!

    Loved seeing pics of all of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. In Australia it's almost a "right" for blokes to have a shed! Now there's a trend for
    Lady Sheds! You are rocking the trends here! Love your space.. Because your space is YOUR place!! Denyse

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...