Display

Reading last months issue of Artists & Illustrators magazine, I really liked the article about framing works together. (March 2013 issue - page 52- 53) 

Whoopidooings: Framing Multiple Works - Jayne Stokes article in Artists & Illustrators

These are postcard sized paintings by Jayne Stokes which she has framed together as a collection.

Whoopidooings: Framing Multiple Works - Jayne Stokes article in Artists & Illustrators

Then, blow me down, the same week - on a weekend trip to Hastings, we spotted this framed work by Alvaro Petritoli in the window of the First Sight Gallery (in the Old Town) this time the works looked to be roughly ATC/ACEO size. 

Whoopidooings: Framing Multiple Works - ATC's/ACEO's - Alvaro Petritoli
Oh how I would love to own this!

Whoopidooings: Framing Multiple Works - ATC's/ACEO's - Alvaro Petritoli

It got me to thinking - wouldn't this be a great way to display all those gorgeous pieces of mail art we collect? Or the ATC/ACEO's we swap or buy? Most of mine are filed away in folders until I can get individual frames for them, meaning the majority never get displayed. I'm worried they'll be ruined if I just bluetack or pin them up. 

What do you think -  do you do this already? How do you display your collected smaller artworks? Funny isn't it how you see variations of things at the same time. 

Thanks for stopping by today :)

9 comments:

  1. hmmm I haven't seen that issue of A and I....maybe I didnt renew my sub after all?

    those group framings are indeed cool. The closest I have to that is my index card wall which I love lots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not Sarah as I've had April's issue arrive since. It was a good issue, also had a good article on painting with minimal gesture strokes which I'm going to try.

      Delete
  2. I particularly like the Petritoli one, which seems to coalesce to make a whole image, with that roof shape adding to it. Strange how this happens with all the different images. A bit like making a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the ATCs look. That is a brilliant idea. They look so effective grouped together like that. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Displaying the art work... wow, that's a good idea, lol!!! I love these, grouped together it is perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh interesting stuff Carmen I don't display mine either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe just attach them to a foam core with borders between them and frame the whole thing as one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those ATC's look beautiful framed !

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...