Alice Chunky ATC

Last year I did a one to one ATC swap with Mark of Spesh Ink blog. He sent me a gorgeous zombie ATC... 
...and an equally gorgeous arch. Both of which I just love. You can click here to see how he made both of them.
I initially drew an ATC sized Alice Cooper (he's another fan) but ballsed it up when it came to adding colour. Then came my bleurgh phase of the pregnancy where I all but hibernated under a duvet... and a very patient Mark has only just ended up getting his ATC. I decided to do a chunky to (try and) make up for the wait...
Front & Back

Top - Skullie charms &  Rose
I bought the ATC sized pine block off a UKSer who gets her hubby to cut them and sells them in pairs on eBay for a very reasonable price. (Simply search "Chunky ATC" on eBay.co.uk)  I then went to town on a favourite Alice Cooper image printed off the PC, added book page wings etc... I seem to always give Alice wings. I made a very similar set of flat ATC's for another swap ages ago. There's loads of texture paste with stamps pressed in, paint, watercolour crayons, mist, braille paper, charms from some old shoes... and my favourite tool of all time... Glossy Accents. Couldn't be without that stuff. That's how I did all the drips and the raised 'A' on the back.

Et voila!

Hope you like :) Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. I think it's great - well done and I am sure Mark will love it late or not! I love those skulls on the top. Great to see you creating art again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. very cool... love it.. am sure he will be just thrilled with it.. late or not... wanna send some mojo here?? lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love what you did. How cool. I bet he will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it was worth the wait! I must get me some of these chunky ATC's, I love what you've done here and I want to have a go!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lost for words because I've never seen anything like this. You've certainly widened my art appreciation and I'm full of admiration for the result. Really something different. I realise there's a whole new world out there to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carmen that's fabulous I'm sure your recipient didn't mind waiting when receiving such a fabulous chunky ATC!!! Loving the purple too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOoh, those look interesting. Haven't heard of chunky ATC's before but like the idea. They look perfect for your fellow Alice Cooper fan and I bet they've been put prominently on display. I agree about glossy accents, its great stuff but I wish it was in a better container - mine clogs and then splurts out everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE it! I have several wood blocks I bough a million and a half years ago- I think I may have to give this a try- mine will probably have lots of red and pink but I think I'll do a day of the dead one- I LOVE how you used the Glossy Accents!!! And I LOVE all the impasto textured paint- you did a killer job- he's gonna flip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so completely talented that looks so lovely. I have a couple of little canvases I keep meaning to shove paint at and see what happens but I'm scared...I haven't a clue what to do and it would just be a big splodgy mess :/ .. I want to be proper arty grr xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...