Best Baby Present In The World... Ever!

You'll have to excuse me going a bit gushy on this post. You just will.

What a day! In a good way! My eldest sister Sue has been teasing me saying I should be honoured that she is working on a creative project for bubba and that she is not creative at all etc, etc. I had it in my head that she was doing a scrapbook because when her son toured Thailand with his friend she compiled a scrapbook for him out of his FB statusses and photos (But she's NOT creative remember!) Anyway she messaged me last night that it's done, can she come in today and if I don't like it - not to worry as her granddaughter does. 

Oh my word!

She has a knitted a pram blanket. In black. With purple Celtic pattern which means life, or ever lasting/long life (she couldn't remember which) in purple. She's edged in black lace and... this is the clincher... backed it in a piece of purple fleece from my Mum's jacket. She said she wanted it to be like Mum was giving him a hug! She said it took so long because she hasn't knitted in years and also... the coat still smelled of Mum and it took her till yesterday just to sit down, put on some of Mums talking story book tapes and cut into the coat. 

 
 
 
 
 
 My pictures don't do it justice, try as I might. It's so soft and snuggly.

I could have cried! I very nearly did. I hope she knows how much it means because I think I was a little struck dumb! I can't believe she did it - quite apart from it being gorgeous and something I would totally buy anyway... I just can't believe she did it. And remember - she's NOT creative! (Would you all join me in correcting her?) You can guess what's being packed in my hospital bag tonight!

Thank you again Sue, from me and Craig and little bubba. Thank you xxx

25 comments:

  1. Oh that is wonderful Carmen! Both in the look of it, the sentimental side of it & the meaning behind everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you didn't cry - I would have!! it is beautiful, and very CREATIVE!! I love the colours (so you!) and that it has something of your Mum's - what a wonderful idea and how touching that she will be cuddling Bubba! Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was so worried you wouldn't like the idea of her using mum's coat. She was scared it would upset you. I told her you'd love the thought of mum being involved somehow. It's gorgeous, I love the celtic idea. Wish I'd paid more attention when she tried to teach us to knit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I said exactly the same thing about the knitting!

      Delete
  4. Oh Carmen, Bubba is going to be so snuggly under this gorgeous blankie - and it will be JUST like your Mum is giving him a hug.

    And your sister says she isn't creative.......?! Hahahahahaha!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I about cried...how did you manage not to!! It's eautiful, the warmest, love filled gesture, what a great Aunty. And considering she's not creative, my word, that Susan is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible gift. I was so touched I shared the post with my kids who all thought it was incredible too.

    So beautiful and touching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I as all tearful when suzie(stuart..first partners mum)made a scotty dog teddy with talons name but the clincher was it was made from an item of clothing cole had left behind when he stayed over...its these kind of items that we end up treasuring the most ..well done susan for making something that can be passed down threw the generations and treasured by buba even if he didnt meet nan xxx ps remember and pop him out so can meet him when we come up lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so lovely Carmen [and I nearly cried too!]. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK enough, you made well up. Completely awesome gift - you couldn't get anything better than that if you were the richest person in the world. Such a fantastic idea - I'm going to mention this to a friend of mine who is making memory boxes at the moment as I think it might be something she would be very interested in doing. Your sister is a genius! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did cry....what a simple yet perfect idea...

    LLJ XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I did have tears. How special. And how CREATIVE of your sister as I sit here wondering what creative means if it doesn't include this wonderfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Carmen that is awesome and so amazingly special, love the idea of your Mum giving Bubba a hug and let me tell your sister that she is truly creative to create such an amazing gift. Celtic - well need I say more house is Celtic House after all! Hugs to you all

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still treasure the handmade blanket we were given and it doesn't have half the sentimental value, wow x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so amazing! Love the celtic work and the lace but the best bit has to be the purple fleece from your mums coat. What a beautiful thought that its like your mum hugging the baby. Truly wonderful x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. How utterly brilliant as a pressie, to make something so perfectly personal and so YOU! I have a baby blanket that my mother used and I treasure it, but it wasn't handmade, just something to keep forever. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. look at the edging! It's absolutely beautiful. A fabulous present

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is BEAUTIFUL! And it just about made me tear up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's gorgeous Carmen...and totally...YOU in a good way. What an amazing sister...
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing gift! and to have lined it with your mums fleece is ........... well! just about the most wonderful thing she could have done! I would say yes she is most certainly a creative lady!!!!! WELL DONE Carmens big sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carmen!
    How beautiful....and meaningful....and a wonderful heirloom to have your sweet bubba cuddled up in!

    I'd say that knitting is AMAZING!!! It is beyond gorgeous!
    What an incredibly special gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw.. that brought a tear in my eye-if I were in your place I would probably still crying.. Lucky girls, you have one another!
    The blanket is beautiful and VERY creative :)
    I wish you all the best Carmen,
    Warm regards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a beautiful present, clever and thoughtful and filled with love.

    I popped over after you left such a lovely comment on my blog, thank you so much, that really cheered my day :)

    I reciprocate, it feels nice here, i'll definitely subscribe and stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, what a fabulous gift, so much work and thought went into. the colours are so you and the fact she incorporated something of your Mum's... totally magic.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...