Sunday, 3 June 2012

Box Clever

I thought I'd show a couple of bits I've made at two separate Pickleberry Crafts workshops. I was thinking about them after Donna said she was off there this week (Lucky mare!) and I realised they hadn't had their own post yet. I've mentioned them in passing on a couple of Rocking Friday posts before so they might look familiar.

The first workshop I went to was with Donna. It was taught by Jennie of Artistic Stamper. (Just popped over to grab her link and she has a giveaway on at the moment, go leave some love!) We were creating Christmas keepsake boxes. I still love mine, I always get comments on it when it's out on display. Everyone's boxes turned out so differently too.
We made the little gingerbread men and candy canes in the melt pot and the little board book in the bottom corner (with the star on) is a  tiny altered childrens book.


The second workshop was last year in June as it happens, can't believe it's been nearly a year. I met up with the Bristol Girls from UKScrappers.
 L-R: Debbie, me, Jayne, Cheryl, Lynne & Joy
The class this time was with Jane Dean to create a wooden treasure box. Again, all our boxes turned out so differently. The rose is from a bracelet and stained with ink, the dress form and bird cage, if I remember rightly, are Tim Holtz die cuts. (I might be wrong - am rubbish at product names)
I love this box, this one stays out all year - you might have spotted it in my WOYWW posts, it sits on it's side on the shelf above my desk so that it's on display :)
If you can get along to a Pickleberry workshop I really recommend it. There are a couple more I hope to attend when funds allow. Kate who runs the shop is just lovely and keeps you well supplied with tea and chocolate biscuits. The shop itself is tiny but crammed full of goodies, it's amazing how much is actually there when you start looking around. Both Jane and Jennie were great fun and so generous with the supplies (as was Kate when I couldn't find papers to match my colours.) I learnt so many new techniques and it was a great way to meet up with some online friends too.

Thanks for stopping by :)

p.s I just reread this and realise it reads like an advert for Pickleberry Crafts. It's not, I just wanted to post a crafty post for the first time in ages and Donna mentioning she was going there this week got me remembering a couple of great days out :) No-one at Pickleberry knows I'm posting this or is paying/coercing/bribing me in any way.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, these are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous boxes! Love the little altered book!

    Looks like a fab workshop to attend - maybe one day :D

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both boxes are gorgeous!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame that Pickleberry's (great name!) is so far away from me, loving the look of these makes. Going to craft groups is a great way of getting stuff done (not to mention a great laugh and natter and cakes...)

    (I have replied on my blog about the Queen to your comment)

    Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, GOR-JUS! Love the little gingerbread man and candy canes. And yes, those die cuts look like Tim's to me :o)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both boxes ...so different ....both you should be really proud of xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing stuff! I wish we had somewhere like that round here, I'd love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooo lovely stuff :-) I've always wanted to do some sort of class like this but I've never had the guts to go on my own :-S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are fantastic! I love cubbies and boxes....yours turned out just fabulous!
    I would love to take a class with you! That would be so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're both great! Especially love the treasure box canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh both are utterly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...