Rocking My World Friday...

Hello Strangers :)

First up on my Rocking post this week has got to be a light at the end of the tunnel with my feeling unwell. I'm still extremely tired and still getting bouts of nausea but I have to say it's definitely easing. I'm also able to sit at a PC screen now without it swimming before my eyes. Thank you again for all the messages that have been keeping me company - very much appreciated.
... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Last week Craig and I snuck off one lunchtime, once all the kids were at school, and went to the beach. We bought a bag of hot, heavily salted and vinegared chips and sat in the car watching the waves. Bliss. That's not the best bit though - in amongst the seagulls trying to mug us of our prized chippies (no chance) was the funniest crow, he had us entranced. He would stand on the beach and then chase the waves all the way back as they receded. As the tide started rolling back into the beach he would leg it up the sand, cawing and flapping his wings. As soon as the waves receded again, he'd turn and chase them back only to run cawing back again as the waves chased him. I was in fits of giggles. He played his game for ages. That's one of the reasons I love those birds - they just seem so playful! Wish I'd had a camera with me.

... ... ... ... ... ...

Lovely weather. Barring one day when it was stupidly hot, it's been lovely. Sunshine and warm breezes. On our afternoon walk to nursery, Ruby and I have been spotting the signs of Spring. The horses have appeared back in the field we walk past, accompanied by hundreds of baby bunnies scampering around. Lots of robins, blue tits, butterflies, big fat furry bumble bees and shiny ladybirds in abundance. Ruby has been stroking the trees with their tightly wrapped buds that weren't so long ago were "nooked" (naked) and shaking the tree's that are full of blossom so that it snows over her. Walks to nursery are taking even longer now but it's so great to hear her naming daffodils and daisies by their proper names... who cares if we have to leave 20 minutes earlier to fit in all this and a trip to the park before school :)

Last Sunday also saw me spend the whole day just sitting in our back garden. Cold fruit juice to hand and one of my birthday books ready to be cracked open. We all spent a thoroughly lazy day doing precisely nothing. I read the entire book during the afternoon and later we all had a walk up the fields with the monsters wobbling along on their bikes... and Craig chasing them because they wouldn't let him have a go. I love days like that.
... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Ah yes. Bernie the bunny. The newest member of our household. Craig and Devvie monster went unaccompanied to a bird show at the weekend. And came home with Bernie. This would be the same bird show that they went to and came home with Cooper the Piddly Pooper when he was a pup.

So. Now apart from the countless birds and stinky dog, we have a bunny too. They got round me saying Bernie is for Devvie's birthday in April. Hmmm.

Needless to say I am considering banning them from unaccompanied bird show visits in the future. And am also wondering what the reaction would be if I were to go to a craft show and come home with a cat? What do you reckon my chances are?
... ... ... ... ... ...

I've been doing lots and lots of reading while I've been offline, really caught up on my pile of books that were looking at me forlornly. 'Course on the flipside that means I'm going to inundate you with reviews this week but hey, they've all been great books. Lots of zombies and arty stuff. Does you good sometimes to step back and immerse yourself in other stuff doesn't it? Even if the stepping back is enforced by not being able to go on your beloved PC.
... ... ... ... ... ...

So how have you been? What have you been up to? If you fancy playing along with the Friday Rockettes then be sure to stop by Virginia's and link up ;)

Thanks you as always for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Good to see you back Rocking, Carmen.

    Bernie is a super cute birdie! Craig and Devvie are to be accompanied at all times from now on. But not you, you must be a free range shopper!

    I think the beautiful weather has gone for a while but it was so lovely while it was here. Let's keep our fingers crossed that that wasn't our summer, eh?! When you say that Ruby has been naming daffodils and daisies by their proper names, do you mean their latin names? Blimey, that girl is advanced!

    Bye for now, enjoy your weekend.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no! Crikey - that would be clever. No - she's gone from saying "pretty flowers" to calling them by their names :)

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous happy post Carmen...:)
    Bernie is a gorgeous bird...lol!!! Agree with Jo - they must be accompanied at all times...but you should be allowed free range at Craft shows!
    I loved the warm , sunny weather....hope it comes back soon.
    So pleased the nausea is passing and you're able to get on the PC.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY your back. Glad you're feeling heeps better. LOL @ the bunny - that is exactly the reason my tribe aren't allowed to visit anywhere with animals unaccompanied!

    Enjoy your weekend
    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous post and so lovely to see you back doing Rocking YOur World posts - bliss!!! giggled at the purchases at the bird show - you've gotta love em aven't you!

    Definitely accompanied in future but I agree you still need free range at craft shows for all that creativity to roam freely!

    Sitting in the back garden catching up on books - bliss! I hope you are now starting to feel a little better, can't wait to read your reviews, bought one of the books you reviewed as a Christmas present for my brothers girlfriend - so always intrigued as to what you've been reading and what you recommend.

    Loving the naming the flowers by their names and did giggle at Joanna's statement about the latin names LOL - what's she like!

    I hope you continue to have a beautiful and blessed week ahead, lots of family time, chilling, catching up on posts etc!

    We're on with a canvas for the TV room - this one's Shakespeare inspired!

    Red painty hands coming up shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds so lovely were you live! There isn't a tree within walking distance here and the only bunnys are those in hutches.....and horses....what are they?? :-P I've already told you I'm sending you a cat for easter....they can't say no....it's a present for you for easter ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are feeling better and able to get at the computer again! I'd be lost without it....
    I think you should definitely see what you can get away with taking back from a craft show - it's Ally Pally in a fortnight (am I a bad influence...?) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better Carmen..I have missed you!!!
    LOL at the cute Bernie birdie, how funny! I bet your heart just melted really when you saw him?! What will they bring home next time?
    The weather has been glorious, I am hoping it sticks around for the easter break so the kids and me can get out and about.
    How lovely to spend that extra time with Ruby walking to nursery and learning about nature at the same time!
    Can't wait to read your reviews, I need some more reading material, although the one click payment step for my kindle is just too easy to use and I end up spending when I shouldn't!
    I hope you have a great week Carmen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad you are on the mend Carmen, have missed you loads

    Bernie is adorable, I want one! will have to go to a bird show ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cor, you have been having a rough time of it! I've been missing you - a blog trawl isn't the same without you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better!
    ...and yours days unplugged seemed quite boring and uneventful....NOT!
    I can just picture you devouring those books....and giggling at the crow on the beach....smiling nonstop at your youngest girl enjoying the change of weather.....and taking care of another furry friend....

    He is an awfully cute surprise....but then, I've always had a fondness for rabbits :)

    I'm so glad all is well! Soak it all up!!
    Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...