Memememememememe!

Kelly over at My Gallery Of Worlds has tagged me in a Meme. (Ages ago - sorry for taking so long Kelly.) So here I am answering her questions. If you are interested... read on. If not... well, am slightly insulted but tatty bye for now.

1. If you could describe your life in colour, what would it be and why?
Purple. Firstly it's my favourite colour. But mostly because it can be a happy colour, it can be a sad colour, it can be depressing and it can be uplifting, it's often a misunderstood or confusing colour, it can be both over and under rated. It can be ugly and it can be glorious... all things which describe aspects of life I think.

2. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they/their names and why do they fit your personality?
We have a Jack Russell dog called Cooper. I am not a dog person at all. But was talked round by him being a cute puppy at the time and his name being my choice. He is mental, hyperactive and kinky (he has an ear fetish!) He doesn't like other dogs much, but he is the most lovable, cuddly, stupid, infuriating but downright likeable mutt you could ever meet. So... take from that what you will.

We also have lots and lots of birds but they are Craig's and I don't think of them as pets. And of course, we now have Bernie the bunny.

3. Where did you fit in in high school...jock, band geek, popular crowd...etc?
I was the painfully shy one - still am sometimes. If I was sent to knock on another classrooms door to give the teacher a message I would be stood outside for ages just trying to work up the guts to knock. I dreaded the days in English when you had to read aloud from books or stand at the front and give speeches. Yet English and Art were my favourite subjects. I would do anything not to draw attention to myself, but somehow managed to still become the focus for bullies. Because of this I left school at 15  I never went on to art college like I wanted to. One of my biggest regrets.

4.How do you react in an emergency...fight or flight, go get help, the calm one???
I'm tempted to say flight. But thinking on it I've had to face up to a few emergencies and there has been no choice but to fight. In my head I'm fleeing but am stood there all the same.

Can you be a pessimistic optimist? I think that's what I am. In my head all the worst possible scenarios play out over everything and yet I always, always try to look on the bright side and egg my girls on to do the same.

5. If they were making a movie of your life, who would you chose to play you... why?
Miranda Hart. No question! I adore her, she makes me laugh proper belly laughs and in her first series, when she said a lot of her sketches were based on her life... I related to a little too much! And she's tall. And my middle name is Miranda. Got to be her.


6. Why is your best friend your best friend, what makes them so special?
Craig is my best friend... but you knew I'd say that. Why is he my best friend? I suppose because he knows the best of me and the worst but loves me all the same. He likes me for me and actively encourages me to do more of the things I want to do. Doesn't make me feel daft for liking the things I do even though most of our interests are complete opposites. I think we have learnt a lot from each other. He just makes me a better person.

7. If money was no object, and you were going to buy yourself something completely frivolous, what would it be, and why?
I would have my bingo wings 'fixed'. How completely shallow is that? I can get over all my other physical faults, embrace some of them even. But oh how I hate my flabby upper arms and keep them covered no matter how hot a day it is. Three quarter length sleeves and shrugs are my clothes staples.

7. Three words that describe your personality?
Sarcastic, honest... creative.

8. Who was your favorite teacher and how did they influence you?
Ms. Gardner. My Primary 4 teacher (I would've been about 6 or 7) I just remember this really flamboyant punk/hippy of a woman. She was amazing, she seemed to make it her mission to take me under her wing. She was so creative and I remember one term she turned the whole class into a pirate ship. She often encouraged me to bring in drawings from home - I wish more teachers were like her. I often think about her when my own girls mention particular teachers that have inspired them.

9. What do you consider true strength?
Honesty and kindness. Anyone can be mean and spiteful.

10. What is your favorite game? (video, board, card...any kind)
Oh now. With video games it would be something like The Sims which I go through phases of being completely addicted to and then being completely bored with. Or the Monkey Island series - things like that. I can't be doing with 3D games they make me feel queasy. I prefer playing on the PC too.

Card games - I'm actually getting onto the various Top Trumps because of the girls.

11.What season do you love the most, why?
Autumn, I love the colours, I love that the temperature is just right, not to hot and not to cold. I love the good dramas that come on the TV. I love just the general atmosphere of Autumn.

So now I am supposed to think up 11 separate questions and tag 11 people. Honestly - I am claiming that my brain is still a bit mush from not feeling well. So I am going to ask anybody that would like to play along to answer Kelly's questions above. I can't pick from you all. If you do take part, please let me know as I love reading these posts on other people's blogs :)

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Of course I read all the way to the end. Carmen Miranda (actually I think you mentioned that before, so I believe you...)Love your honesty in answering these questions - though I guess there's no point not being... Ms Gardner sounds a lot of fun! I won't join in cos I don't think it's fair to copy your idea of not picking who to pass this on to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh - Tom Ellis - oooooooooooh

    sorry, you lost me for a moment then - I'm afraid I have a little crush :)

    I love watching Miranda too, for lots of reasons :D but she is SO funny I'd watch even without the delicious T.E. I think a lot of us can identify with her - I was always so clumsy as a young woman (not much better now!) and I so wanted to be like the other, somewhat more graceful and socially adept, girls.

    But now I wouldn't have me any other way :) and hopefully you feel the same

    (about you, not me :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee - could be reading 'bout me good self!!! Apart from Craig being my bestie and Autumn,depressing month for me for far too many reasons,not least of which is the thought of long,cold dark winter ahead :( x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a big Miranda fan here too. These are really excellent questions - I found out a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOO thank you for the Miranda video!!! I love your answer for the color purple- it's a complicated hue indeed- I love the idea of you are royal purple- deep, inspiring and ROYAL! If money were no object my family wouldn't see me again for years- because I'f be a traveling fool!!!! They could read my blog I suppose. Great read Carmen- so funny we got tagged this week for these posts- I rather love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You describe yourself as the total opposite if how I imagined you....apart from the Miranda bit lol (you've always come across as being a bit loopy loo so I got that side of you lol)
    Such a shame you didnt go to art collage. No one bullies there, as all are a bit 'different' from the norm in either dress or personality . As Blackadder once said 'Who'd notice another madman around here', so anyone with a tendency to bully is probably a bit overwhelmed at an art college I imagine lol Have you never entertained the idea of doing art college now?
    Ms Gardner would be floating on air I bet if she had read your memories of her.
    I enjoyed reading that. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great read, Carmen. I can so see you as Miranda! I too regret not going to art college (my reasons were different; my mum said if I went out to work she could give up her part time job, if I went to college/uni then she'd have to continue. I knew she hated working so guess what I decided to do?!) but hope that I can encourage Hope to go instead. She can live her own dreams :o) Your Craig is a top man, FACT!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw....how I've missed you! Can you believe I didn't know who Miranda Hart was?! Totally love her now! She had me laughing!!

    Oh, sweet, honest, shy purple-y girl....how I love you, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh i decided to do it :-P so come take a look if you like!! good read there mrs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the little insight into Carmen! It amazes me how much we have in common! Love Miranda-she is so funny.
    Makes you even more of an amazing artist, that you didn't go to art college-iykwim! It means more that you have learnt everything yourself!
    Someone tagged me in this blog game but I havnt had time to do it yet-I must get it done x

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...