Rocking My World Friday...

Morning all Friday Rockers :)

I didn't post last week as you may or may not have noticed. The last month or so has been a bit rough. We've had a couple of bereavements here. The last one being Craig's Dad. Out of respect I didn't feel it was my place to post about either of the people we've lost without permission - and how do you ask that? But when at Craig's Mum's the other day she mentioned that she always reads Rocking Friday. So here I am. I just wanted you to know Irene how much you and Mick mean to us. It's been a privilege getting to know you both and to be welcomed into your family. People joke about how awful their in-laws are but I feel lucky to have you as mine. You remind me so much of my own Mum who I miss dearly but you've made that easier for me whether you know it or not. You two would have gotten on like a house on fire. I feel lucky to have known Mick and that the girls were able to know their Grandad - even if he hated being called it *g* (Made him feel old!) Thank you for just being you!

So that's my Rocking grateful this week - having the chance to know you and Mick and to have you in our lives. Love you lots.

The rest of you - how have you been? To join in with ferreting out the nugget of gold in your life please stop by Virginia's and link up.

Thank you for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. It's so good to have you back with a Rocking Friday post, Carmen. I missed you :o(

    Irene sounds absolutely lovely (and a fab MIL) and I'm sure she appreciates how much you love her. I know how much Mick will be missed by everyone who knew him.

    Have a lovely weekend,

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my sweet - of course we noticed you hadn't posted last week - and I am so sorry to hear of the reason. Your post is a great tribute to Craig's Dad and I hope his Mum takes comfort from it.
    Hugs and stuff to you - and Craig & the girls too.
    xx Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss Carmen. Thinking about you all x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sweetie, that's a beautiful Rocking post - much love to Irene at this incredibly difficult time - sending hugs to you and your girls and of course Craig at this time also. thinking of you all as always

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your recent sadness. But you were truly blessed to have these people touch your life :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you back Carmen ad a wonderful post. Sending big (((hugs))) to all of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also sorry to hear about these losses Carmen, so near to Christmas too. Whether they were expected or not it is always hard. Sending you lots of cyberhugs. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being surrounded by the loving arms of family really is something to write about :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Carmen I am so sorry for your loss (((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))). Sending you and yours lots of healing love x x x

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...