Thursday, 29 December 2011

Resolute!

A New Year's resolution is a commitment that a person makes to one or more lasting personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit.
Quoting Frank Ra (author of the new year's resolution book "A course in happiness"): "Resolutions are more sustainable when shared, both in terms of with whom you share the benefits of your resolution, and with whom you share the path of maintaining your resolution. Peer-support makes a difference in success rate with new year's resolutions". According to Gretchen Rubin (author of best-seller "The Happiness Project"): "You hit a goal, you achieve a goal. You keep a resolution". - Taken from wikipedia.

So there we have it. I hate the term New Year's Resolutions. Makes it sound like you'll only stick to it at New Year. But anyway, the theme over at Butterfly Effect is Resolutions and so I thought I would join in :)

My goals for 2012...

1: Be Creative. Every. Single. Day. Even if it's only for 5 or 10 minutes. Make the time.
2: One new recipe a week. Ok, I do cook from scratch a lot but it's the same 4 or 5 meals all the time. It's getting so boring.
3. Be healthier. Mind, body and soul.
4: Don't give a flying fig. (I know what this one means.)
5: No more classes until I have finished the ones I've paid for.
6: Finish those classes.

What about you? Any goals or just winging it? :)

Mwaaaaaaaah!
Happy New Year!

(Back tomorrow with Rocking Friday! Ooh, so organised!)

11 comments:

  1. Not making any resolutions, cos that way I can't fail :/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. at wikipedia I found these: "creativity is a feature of living systems", so how can´t we live a day without creativity??!!! it is our natural state, hihi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your "resolutions" (esp the flying fig).
    One of the blogs I follow had "relaxolutions"...mine will be to read more erotic novels..lol! Can't fail with that one.. :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These resolutions sound like very good ones to me :-) Good Luck Mrs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, you just inspired me. because i Can cook, and i USed to cook, but lately.... i don't. i need to try one new thing a week also.
    maybe not a recipe per se... but i get into ruts.
    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE YOUR PHOTO, LET'S HOPE THE WIND DIDN'T CHANGE, EH?!

    Me? Same as you 1-4. Have already failed on 5, predict failure on 6.

    Add one more,

    7 Think for myself, don't use other people's resolutions.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made some excellent resolutions for yourself. I don't make them - never can stick to them. Best of luck to you in achieving and keeping yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made some, too....I just needed to this year....it just felt right to do it...

    Let's see if we can hold eachother accountable...hehe!

    Perhaps use flying figs in new recipe? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good resolutions, mine are pretty much the same except I have called them goals on my journal page in the hopes that changing the name will spur me on to actually do them!But my biggest 'goal' is not to stress over the goals I don't achieve...I had to have a get out clause!!!Hope your resolutions go well x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab resolutions! :) I see we're on the same page with the health and fit thing. :) And I'm not taking any new classes either exapt the ones that are free. :) Wish you luck with all your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Which reminds me I bought Julie Balzer's sew easy class and never even logged in- so not good! NO resolutions this year- the closest I may get is joining project 365 and taking 1 photo a day- that's gonna keep me busy since I tend to try to take perfect photos each time I grab the camera. Maybe I'll resolve to learn to cook vegetarian and do so maybe 3 times a week- that alone will improve all kinds of areas in my life. (:

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...