On My Wishlist...


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. Want to know more? Click here.

Zombies vs. Unicorns - various

Goodreads summary: It's a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? In this anthology, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier (unicorn and zombie, respectively), strong arguments are made for both sides in the form of short stories. Half of the stories portray the strengths—for good and evil—of unicorns and half show the good (and really, really bad-ass) side of zombies. Contributors include many bestselling teen authors, including Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan. This anthology will have everyone asking: Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?
I totally blame Amy for this being marked as high priority on my wishlist. Doesn't it look amazing? I've been a very good girl this year so am hoping this will materialise under my Christmas tree - am on a book buying ban till after Christmas - how unfair is that? *Sulk*

Undead by Kirsty McKay
Goodreads summary: Being new at school bites. But at least it doesn't kill you. Mostly.

Bobby thinks she might well be on the School Trip from Hell. Too bad she's a noob, too bad her classmates don't rate her weirdo accent and too bad that Scotland is having the worst blizzard since the Ice Age. Looks like she's going to be on this school bus for a quite a while; could things get much worse?

Yep. They could.

Inexplicably, her classmates start dying...and then they come back to life again...and what's more, they're very, very hungry.

With nowhere to run and no contact with the outside world, Bobby is thrown together with a raggle-taggle group of survivors at a roadside café. There's indie kid drop-out Smitty, the class beauty queen Alice, dweeby Pete and two near useless adults: a half-conscious bus driver and a volatile petrol station attendant.

The frenemies struggle to stay alive - through explosions, deadly battles and a breakneck chase through the snowbound wilderness. Somehow they have to make it to safety - and get some answers - no matter what the cost.

Can they survive the Undead? And each other?
Notice a theme yet? :)

Doesn't this sound amazing? And it's set in Scotland! SCOTLAND! Now you all know how I feel about my heartland!

Rot and Ruin by Jonathon Maberry

Goodreads summary: In the zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic America where Benny Imura lives, every teenager must find a job by the time they turn fifteen or get their rations cut in half. Benny doesn't want to apprentice as a zombie hunter with his boring older brother Tom, but he has no choice. He expects a tedious job whacking zoms for cash, but what he gets is a vocation that will teach him what it means to be human.
This one has been on my list forever - well, it feels that way!

Outpost by Adam Baker

Goodreads summary:
They took the job to escape the world.
They didn't expect the world to end.

Kasker Rampart: a derelict refinery platform moored in the Arctic Ocean. A skeleton crew of fifteen fight boredom and despair as they wait for a relief ship to take them home. But the world beyond their frozen wasteland has gone to hell. Cities lie ravaged by a global pandemic. One by one TV channels die, replaced by silent wavebands. The Rampart crew are marooned. They must survive the long Arctic winter, then make their way home alone. They battle starvation and hypothermia, unaware that the deadly contagion that has devastated the world is heading their way..


I have a feeling this one will be very claustrophobic but amazing!

Drop Dead Gorgeous by Wayne Simmons

Goodreads summary: As tattoo artist Star begins to ink her first client on a spring Sunday morning, something goes horribly wrong with the world... Belfast's hungover lapse into a deeper sleep than normal, their sudden deaths causing an unholy mess of crashing cars, smoldering televisions and falling aircraft. In the chaotic aftermath a group of post-apocalyptic survivors search for purpose in a devastated city. Ageing DJ Sean Magee and shifty-eyed Barry Rogan find drunken solace in a hotel bar. Ex-IRA operative Mairead Burns and RIR soldier Roy Beggs form an uneasy alliance to rebuild community life. Elsewhere, a mysterious Preacher Man lures shivering survivors out of the shadows with a promise of redemption. Choked by the smell of death, Ireland’s remaining few begin the journey toward a new life, fear and desperation giving rise to new tensions and dark old habits. But a new threat--as gorgeous as it is deadly--creeps slowly out of life’s wreckage. Fueled by feral hunger and a thirst for chaos, the corpses of the beautiful are rising…

Ooooh! Ireland! And zombies! Does it get any better?

***

How do they sound to you? Obviously this is just a small sample of my wishlist. In fact most of the books on my wishlist are not on my actual on-line wishlist because it would just be pages and pages long and Craig already calls it my begging list (so what if it is? My sis has one too and we beg to each other at Christmas and birthdays - sounds like a plan to me!) Don't even get me started on all the art and craft books on there... well... maybe next week.

Thanks as always for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. cool lookin covers
    hope you'll wishes come true
    happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover to Drop Dead Gorgeous and want to read Rot and Ruin myself. Nice choices and I hope that you get the chance to read these all soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ............am I detecting a liking for zombies?!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting choices there Carmen! Zombie love!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want Rot and Ruin!

    Oh and Zombies Vs. Unicorns is $3.99 right now for your ereader if you have one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of your list is on my list too. My wishlist has grown to 955. Please come see what my current featured wish is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not heard of many of these books but they sound awesome! I might have to steal a few for my own wishlist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that these books are all zombie related. I'm a zombie fanatic! Love them all! I haven't heard of a few of these so I'm adding them to my GR wishlist right now.

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    P.S. Come check out my blog's first giveaway here

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...