Wednesday, 21 September 2011

A-Z of Me...

Evening all. Am still around but having connectivity issues again. Our phone line has crumbled, literally, the lovely BT engineer has patched it best he can until it can be replaced but we could lose it again at any time until then :( Good news is that it should all be sorted in a few days. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime here's a quickie post, nabbed from Laura's blog. The A - Z of me, where I so kindly give you all a chance to find out a bit more about me... like you're remotely interested. Just pretend!

A. Age: 34

B. Bed size: Double... I think.

C. Chore that you hate: Can I say all of them? No? Then... ironing. 


D. Dogs: Two. A Jack Russell/Whippet cross - our old lady Lucy, we don't know her real age as she was a rescue doggy but we think around 13/14. And Cooper our Jack Russell boy, he's two and completely mental.

E. Essential start to your day: TEA! Do not expect anything coherent until at least two cups in.

F. Favorite color: Black and purple.


G. Gold or Silver: Silver. I detest gold with a passion...unless in painting.

H. Height: 5’10" (and a half)

I. Instruments you play: Does playing with a wooden spoon on the kitchen worktop count?

J. Job title: Take your pick: Chauffeur, delivery driver, Tea/coffee maker, cook, cleaner, personal shopper, personal assistant... oh yeah, ARTISTE! Ha - no wait, that's in my spare time.


K. Kids: Mummy monster to 3 monster offspring of the female variety, ages 14, 10 and nearly 4.

L. Live: *Checks pulse* Yep - just about.

M. Must haves: Tea. Books. Tea. Internet. Tea. Paint. Paper. Pencils. TEA!

N. Nicknames: Cammie, Cambo, Cambop, Cam and Whoops.
O. Overnight hospital stays: Three, little monsters need recovering from when they make their arrival.

P. Pet peeves: Rudeness. People making improper or zero use of their car indicators. Dog owners that don't scoop their doggy poop. Parents who swear in front of their children... and then blame their little darlings blue mouths on the playground. Parents who smoke over a pram or while pregnant. Finding out I just used my last tea-bag and it's to late to go to the shops (yeah - stay out of my way until I buy some more in that case.) I could go on...


Q. Quote from a movie: "... I'm the exception... " from He's Just Not That Into You - a film I saw for the first time this week. A cheesy romance but I really liked it and I loved that couple, that quote and the whole scene it came from (You all thought I'd do a Labyrinth quote... I almost did! )

R. Rhubarb or Custard: Rhubarb (and evap milk! OMG!)

S. Save or spend: Both. Save, save, save my pennies, spend on paint and books.

T. Tea or Coffee: Altogether now... (who said coffee?) Actually, I do like a coffee when out but always, always, always tea at home.

U. Underwear: Granny pants. Oh yeah baby! Or as my Mum called them - Harvest Festivals :)


V. Vegetable you hate: Don't think I've come across one yet... love my veggies. Oh, no, I lie. Broad beans.

W. What makes you run late: The internet! Complete time suck!

X. X-Rays you’ve had: My arm when I fractured it in nursery school maybe...

Y. Yummy food that you make: Rissolles, Quorn curry, Pickled onion soup, Rock cakes, lemon drizzle cake, Quorn Chilli, Bacon roll (the suet variety not slapped in a bread roll) Veggie stew and dumplings...

Z. Zoo animal: All the big cats. Don't like seeing them caged but on flip side, without places like Howletts etc. how long would it be before they were gone completely.

Well you all learned... not a lot there ;) Normal service of craftiness, artiness, reviews and and rambling will be resumed shortly. I hope!

Thanks for stopping by - if you do the A-Z too, let me know so I can come nosey!

11 comments:

  1. you're pretty tall.

    i would have to look up to you - which i'm used to since i'm like... a freakin midge.

    How come the big undies are called harvest festivals?

    i've never seen 'he's just not that into you'

    and i loved this post.

    coolio.
    xx,
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post!
    My Mum used to call them Harvest Festivals too - "All is Safely Gathered in"!!
    I too would have to look up to you - I'm only 5ft (and a half inch)tall.
    Lovely to have you back again.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. I'm going to do this on my blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing ...really enjoyed your A-Z. I cant function without a mug of black coffee....and my big secret ... I dont wear knickers under jog pants which is what I wear 80% of the time...unless I'm going out for the day. When DD was about 16, she told me how comfy it was ...she cant believe I still dont ...but I do change them every day.lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great A-Z. Don't think I'll be joining in, but you never know. 5ft10 eh? You have a few inches on me. Hope your phone line/internet gets sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I'm older than you....you've been busy in those 4 fewer years!

    Harvest Festivals had me wondering until I read SusieJ's comment...OMG...that's funny!!

    What a fun little post, Cammie (that was my nickname growing up, too...though spelled Cammy)...always a pleasure learning more about you...
    I can't seem to get tea out of my mind....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post - really interesting. Never know about the Harvest Festivals ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHA havest festivals LOVE IT, its all about the granny pannties for me hehehehe 5'10" !!!! im a midget next to you hun. great quote i love that film its so funny, labyrinth is the best, well that and the dark crystal :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! You have more than a few inches on me :) I'm going to keep this one in mind and think about it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Granny Pants lol. Um, I'm currently wearing daisies and ruffles (no joke) they were a present from my niece. I suspect my best friend gave her the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant
    Agree completely about broad beans. I like that I know a little more random stuff about you :)
    Hope all is well with the new place (the BT line aside)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i swear in front of my children and they knwo not to swearing front of me, but if I hear then swear from a distance I loudly yell, Shit My Fault I taught them that...

    I did do the A-z ages ago - will put a link form my website back to the old post on blogger,


    we are going to Brittany this October, so we are doing the Plymouth or Portsmouth route, but next year we will be back to our usual east side of France and using the Dover crossing ...shall we try to do a Pickleberry thing again? even if it is the fish and chips night? Liz is thinking I don't love her any more, which she damned well knows I do, God we can go years in companionable silence...

    Dxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...