Sisterhood Of The Travelling Sketchbook - June

It's been a long time since I posted anything remotely arty or crafty. It's not just my bones that are getting weary and run down. What with the move and then our week in Loch Ness (bliss!) straight after - well, my creative side is resembling Miss Havisham's wedding cake! Cobwebby and neglected, in need of a good dusting and airing.

So - I am running a bit behind on the Sisterhood sketchbooks. I still have July to do and then I'm up to date with the ones that have arrived here so far. This one is my June entry, I completed this before the move but time just slipped away from me and am just now doing my show and tell.

Whoopidooings (Carmen Wing)  Summer Solstice Remembrance Art JournalJune is the month we lost Mum and it was on the Summer Solstice. So nowadays June is all about reflection, remembering, being sad but also grateful for the time I had with the best Mum in the world. I'm often quite maudlin and I think about the past a lot. And time. I think so much about time, time that's passed and what's to come. How I could have changed things, how I should change things, how I wish things would stay the same as they are now forever... So I hope my pages show this a bit. I tried to give them a Stone Henge-y type of feel.

This one shows the sparkle a bit better - the purple 'stones' are metallic acrylic mixed with normal black acrylic and the background has been liberally sprayed with Glimmer Mist.

Whoopidooings (Carmen Wing)  Summer Solstice Remembrance Art Journal
It was a good page to do, just sitting playing with the paint and remembering. I wish Mum had seen me rediscover the creative side of myself - she kind of saw the start of it when she got me to go to an art night class with her - I wish she could've seen just what she unleashed.

Best therapy ever this pastime of ours.

Thanks for stopping by as always - am trying to catch up with you all :) Slowly, slowly.

17 comments:

  1. lovely page, beautiful colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love these pages! Your henge is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back safe from your super week away in Bonnie Scotland. Your June pages are superb, and I totally understand how you feel about reflecting on what has been, what is, and what is yet to be. Great colours, love the use of the masks, and your stones are fab.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely page Carmen. Gets your message across beautifully.
    Soooo good to see you back.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing page ...love what you have created ...your mum probably is watching over your shoulder.
    So glad your move is done and you enjoyed the holiday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that page asks for reflection.....of timelessness and interconnection...
    Beautiful, Carmen!

    Take your time getting to us...though we miss you madly, time is precious and fleeting.
    Friends understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page and it's so you. As for your mum - I'm sure she's sitting somewhere watching you and cheering you on, if fact if you turn round real quick you'll probably catch her out the corner of your eye... she's the one with the huge proud smile on her face. Hugs Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page!! I am looking so forward to seeing it in person.

    How wonderful your mother started you on your art journey - a great way to remember her every time you create something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love that Stonehenge look! And I'm glad to hear that your week off was enjoyable. Any photos?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful page Carmen and it definately reflects everything you have said. Love the Henge and the clocks behind. Glad you had a good holiday and you are now settled in your new home. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, maybe we need fear counselling together!!
    PS if you want to see some photos of Paiges handfasting go to her blog ladybird-ladybird-paige.blogspot.com I don't have any photos as forgot to take my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is So gorgeous!!! I love the clock symbolism and the way you used the image of Stonehenge as a counterpoint- just beautiful!
    hugs,
    Stephanie
    P.S. I've got the next books ready to send to you, just let me know when....;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your June pages. I feel the same of June... it was my mom's birthday month. I understand too, the feeling of time and how fleeting it is. I am mad over the metallics in this piece! I love that pic on FB of you and your sweet girl passing a smooch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you dahlinks, I'm with you - but what's with the stone goal posts????!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats is a very lovely page :-) I really love the background colours!! Oh how i've missed your Blog posts...no really i have!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pages Carmen.. love the time passing.. June was my mom's b-day month.. and find it a very reflective month as well.. awesome that she started you on this path.. she is in every arty piece that you make.. I'm so glad you had a great holiday and that the move is behind you..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the stone henge pages! Glad your hols were fabulous, you deserve it! Thanks for the links to my new blog by the way missus, just spotted them. You are awesome! Will link you up to my homepage blogroll later this evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. these pages are wonderful! great to see them, I just got September's so about to go settle in and read it!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...