Saturday, 23 July 2011

SQUEAAAAL! Rocking My World Friday!


Click the piccy to play along :)

Very quick post because it's Manic Central here but just had to pass on my shriek of gleeeeee!

First of all...
It came, it came, it came! After Amazon telling me they couldn't get a hold of it! (I so knew they'd do that!) I emailed the publishers and demanded (OK, grovelled for) an explanation and was told it had sold out in the blink of an eye so they were rushing a second printing through. I've sat watching Amazon and up went a listing price again, so I cashed in some vouchers and was told it would arrive mid September... but... it's heeeeere! Oh it's here, and it's beautiful, even more so in the, er, flesh so to speak! I can't remember being so excited to get my grubby mitts on a book. Expect a review and lots and lots and lots of drawings.

Next up, talk about omens - I'm taking this as such a good one. Look who has been spotted hopping around the new area...

Many of you will know of my love of crows and this is a silver one! Even Craig, the bird man, says he's never seen one before. You can't really tell from the pictures as they were captured quickly on a mobile phone but he is a real stunner.

Finally (told you it was a quickie) I have to mention the girls and how amazing they have been in amongst all this chaos. OK, they may not have fully appreciated the de-cluttering. (Understatement of the century) But their general attitude and effort in pitching in has been fabulous. Craig also, for being the bloke he is, staying positive and upbeat in the face of stuff flying at us in all directions lately. Quite a lot of it poopy. I may moan about my family of Monsters but I'd never change them for all the tea in China... well, maybe if there was a tea crisis I'd loan one out. I loves my tea I does! Being Mummy Monster is a pretty brilliant thing I have to say :)

And - I may not say it every week. But you lot rock my world... all the time. You know who you are, the people who come back time and again to comment. Who make me laugh, email, tweet or facebook me with links to dirty books, with clips and cartoons that make me laugh or just with a gobful of lovable abuse and an ear (pair of eyes?) for me to whinge and rant at! I appreciate each and every one of you! As soon as I get more straight this end I'll be catching up with you all. Big hugs!

Now be off with you to Virginia's ya big lugs! I've got stuff to do and stew and dumplings to scoff!

Thanks for stopping by! Mwah x

16 comments:

  1. Hope you get to enjoy your book sooner rather than later - sounds like you are going to be busy for a bit yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!! You got it! I'm happy for you and expect lots of drawings and a nitty gritty review. Glad your move is going smoothly and the bird is a great omen! I'm glad you shared it :) We all have our little monster families... same here. I have Eddie Munster as my kid, Herman as my hubs and that makes me Lillian ;)

    xx Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post! Really pleased Amazon delivered...can't wait to see the drawings.
    And well done to your family for all pulling together. :)
    I'm also pleased that you saw the silver crow.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hun a fabulous read the statement "flying by the seat of your pants" comes to mind I felt the need to rush around and do something as I read it LOL! Love your list this week full of all the great people you are surrounded by! Just so you know Susie's copies of the Sleeping Beauty trilogy have arrived today I've been told to keep away from hot drinks?

    Hope the packing is going well, loving the Crow he is uber cool!

    Hugs to you all hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got your book, have fun! I can't wait to see some of your drawings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ...an albino crow ???? would it not be pecked to death ...as it is still alive it MUST be a good omen. I bet you will enjoy your book ...when you have time to relax ..after the move ..thinking of you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing the book review and drawings of course! Also, that crow is amazing, I never even knew silver ones existed. Beautiful! You should draw him :D

    You seem so happy and positive this week, really pleased for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen a silver crow before - it MUST be a good omen :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one amazing bird!! So glad your grubby little mitts are happy ;) And big kudos for a great mommy <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sound HAPPY! That makes me feel good. Looking forward to the book reviews..long awaited! I never heard of a silver crow...what's the wives tale? Are you sure it's not photoshopped!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deffo not photoshopped Julia. Seen with my own peepers (emergency stop in the car and everything - lucky it's a quiet road!) and taken on Devvies phone :D Wouldn't know even know where to begin to photoshop. So cool isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the coolest bird ever! Definitely a good omen. Good luck maintaining the chaos surrounding you at the moment! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, a silver crow, never even knew they existed...you are racking up the good omens for the house move!!! Glad your book arrived and keep pushing through the packing and uncluttering, it will be worth it! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow didn't know that there was such a thing as a silver crow.. definitely a good omen.. can hardly wait to see your review and drawings too.. hope the move is going smoothly.. it's so nice to be back online again here but taking forever to catch up..
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. A silver crow...that's gotta be like seeing a unicorn or something else as special...very cool!!

    I'm so excited for you over these changes, new starts, safer accomodations :) Can't wait to take a peeksy into your new digs! No more Dungeon, I hope, but a nice bright place to create to your heart's content!

    Miss you so! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just getting ready to crawl up your !ss when I saw you are without internet til the 15th! Poor thing!! I think I would die. whatever are you doing?

    xx Jaime

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...