Sisterhood Of The Travelling Sketchbook - May

This is my entry into Stephanie's sketchbook for May.

The quote: "Be like a flower and turn your face to the sun" is attributed to Kahlil Gibran. I thought it fit with what May meant to me. After that horrible, horrible winter we've had I absolutely loved the explosion of colour that seemed to happen over-night. In particular poppies and daisies growing in abundance everywhere, up through cracks in the pavement - along the motorway.

Whoopidooings (Carmen Wing) Spring Art Journal Page - Kahlil Gibran quote

Materials used:
  • The face is a photo I have altered and liberally painted and crayoned over.
  • Lyra Aquacolour crayons
  • Acrylic paint
  • Perfect Pearls Mist (Sunflower Sparkle)
  • Alpha stamps and my most used stamp ever - that blue floral bit round the edge - a Tim Holtz but I forget the name, am sure Helen will know.
June sketchbook will be posted soon. Thanks for stopping by :)

14 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Carmen! The first time I drove down an English motorway I couldn't believe the poppies, they just looked so cheery! Since then they have started springing up here but I always remember the first time I saw them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now let me think..... sorry, not at home to look it up! Tis a fab stamp though - and so is the journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful page Carmen - I really love the colours.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous as always ..... love her hair.
    I've only seen 1 red poppy so far this year, loads of orange & yellow but only 1 red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..I love it!! Truly, truly beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant pages! I love what you've done to the image of the girl - her hair is superb, and the flowers are perfect.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ...brilliant ...I keep staring at that altered photo ...that hair is fantastic.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the Hair! The hair is the coolest part! It tis it tis!

    Okay, i must really like purple haired sketchbook girls.

    and also, my comment is Stupid because i am tired. Tired!

    Sorry for the stupid comment.. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was my lame way of letting you know i stopped by.
    i'm a nerd today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this page Carmen. The detail and highlights in the hair are fantastic and the poppies are great x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are just too clever. I am astounded by your artistic talent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this page - so soft and dreamlike

    and I want her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous carmen - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...