MMM & Sisterhood Of The Travelling Sketchbook

Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening.

I'm a little lost at the moment due to some happenings at home - it's been a "if it can go wrong it will go wrong" kind of week. Some really, really carpy lollocky, scary stuff and some just plain irritating rubbish. Anyhow... no stu-studio time. So am cracking open the sketchbooks today.

First up a little peek at some of the doodlings thus far with the Magical, Mythical Makings class I was, still am, doing. This is 'inspired by Klimt' and will eventually end up as a huge Klimt-esque Goddess canvas.


I've also joined a Round Robin called The Sisterhood of the Travelling Sketchbook - some of the other participants are on my sidebar. We are each starting a sketchbook, the first spread will be about ourselves, an introduction to who we are. Then as we start swapping the theme will be calendar months, no limitations just what each calendar month that we happen to be on inspires within us. We then attack the page with our chosen mediums and have at it!

Some of the girls are decorating their sketchbook covers. I already had one done that I love:

It pretty much sums up my grungey taste and what I love doing at the moment. I adore the texture on the cover so I hope this one doesn't get lost in transit like the last journal.

So, that's what I'm up to this week - catching up on classes and starting my new sketchbook project.

I haven't forgotten my 'surprise something' giveaway. Just can't post it till the recipient of the original creation receives their gift - so keep an eye out, it will be coming soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

23 comments:

  1. I hope whatever the bad stuff is gets sorted out very soon xx

    and that travelling sketchbooks thing looks brill - I guess it's too late for me to ask if I can join in???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning to you my British daughter:) I hope everything will be okay. I hate it when bad stuff happens. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cover! I was worried about it getting lost too as I once lost a round robin thingy packet I was doing years ago too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover and the idea of the travelling sketchbook. :)
    Hope your week improves.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your weekend is going to be better! Not had the best of weeks myself, tis very uncertain here. Sounds like you've had a harder time than me though, can't wait to see you again at AP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww hope things pick up for you.. seems to be a theme this week though.. not great here either..lol.. weekend has to be better.. right? love the cover for your journal.. haven't had a chance to start anything with that as yet..love your art for your mythical class.. very cool.. take care.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so sorry things are going wrong at home. And you took time away to come and support me. You really are fabulous, you know that x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your journal darling, sounds like a bit of a pants week, im sure alley pally at the weekend will cheer you up xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very best of luck with whatever you need to sort out or go better for you Carmen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE your sketch book cover! You have such a fun unique stlye I really enjoy looking at yor work :) And I hope the rest of your weeks goes well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope things get brighter for you...
    Your Art Journal looks fantastic!I am eager for this to get off the ground...thank you for the visit yesterday, Carmen, it was good to meet you :o)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww hugs Carmen - hope you get things sorted soon.

    Love the cover!! I've been playing with paint again today and am seriously plastered in the stuff!! Looking forward to your BIG reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lurve that textured cover...and the Klimt. Gorgeous colours and the travelling sketchbook idea is fab.

    Hope things at home sort themselves soon. Sending you a big virtual 'ug and Henry's best regards to Hetty,

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just had to say a big thank you for being so helpful today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cover, love the texture and bold colours!!! I'll be posting my spread hopefully this weekend!!! How exciting to get started :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Carm, love your grungy little black birds and the texture from here looks delicious! Your Magical Mythical Makings sketches are looking great. I love Klimt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope everything gets sorted out at home.

    Love what you're doing with the sketchbooks, really interesting projects.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope the bad stuff soon goes away. I have been waiting AGES to see your stuff from Tams M3 course!! Love it! Great Goddess' and swirls. The travelling sketchbook sounds fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning you - I'm loving that sketchbook - you can tell that the textile to it is amazing - loving the fact that even without stu-stu-studio time you are managing to keep crafting - can't wait to see your Klimt inspired goddess canvas! Sorry you're having a difficult week hope things get better (mine's not been great either wonder if this is contagious?)!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE these colors and your blackbirds are wonderful! The texture is really great too......
    I'll be posting my cover later on today- this is SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Grungy goodness! Your cover is wonderful.

    Hope your week is moving in a better direction now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving your Klimt inspired sketch book. I must take a picture of my candle dish and show you it. It was made by an artisan in Antibes. He based it on The Kiss and had a full set. We could only afford the dish. He had the most beautiful square vase but you could tell it was a labour of love and he didn't really want to sell it.
    Oh and I found a really unusual blog that you might like...
    http://katafalk.wordpress.com/
    Have a look at the horse head and the Victorian skirt.
    Hugs Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooo, can't wait to see this finished! Those sketches leave me wanting more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...