Twilight Bracelet & WOYWW

I finally managed to access some of the bits I made at Christmas - Craig managed to get my old PC working so I can now get my photos off there.

This was for my Twilight mad friend - I made her two Christmas pressies because her birthday present ended up in the bin. (It was supposed to be a cute baby doll, it looked like a steaming black poo!) I tried to make the book look aged but am still not sure if I went to far - I liked the effect personally.
Front of the book...


Inside...

And the bracelet...

There be wolves, and apples and chess pieces and crystal hearts and what have you thar me hearties... (not sure why I'm slipping into pirate speech to talk about vampires but there you go!) I also made a bracelet for another Twi-hard friend - It was similar but I try to make them all different and thus unique *she nods sagely while adjusting her artistes beret* Forgot to take a picture of that one though!

I did also try to source a couple of wooden wolf beads - for the non Twilight nutters amongst you, Jacob the furry fanged one gives Bella the whingey, whiny fang wannabe a charm bracelet with a wooden wolf on. Then the cold, sparkly fanged one gets in a jealous strop and puts a crystal heart charm on there thus staking (see what I did there?) his claim on the miserable wench. BUT they were getting to be ridiculous prices - nearly £20 a pop for ONE so I had to settle for the charms I used... am still grumpy about that though. However they seemed to go down well at Christmas.

Finally I managed to get down to my stu-stu-studio this week. I laugh in the face of my cough... and then cough some more! Good news is though, that I have now officially finished tidying and actually had a play in there today! So as a kind of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday... on Thursday... and showing my whole room because there is still not much on my desk... or my shelves... I present to you my stu-stu-studio!


Say hello to Fred :P


In some ways I can't believe all this fitted in my little corner in the dining room. In other ways it looks so empty! Still, I can have fun filling it up eh?

That's me done... thanks for stopping by :)

23 comments:

  1. That bracelet is GORGEOUS!! love the colours& the charms, even as a non-twilight fan I can appreciate it :)

    Keep your eyes on the wooden wolves, I'm hedging my bets that by summer people will have gone wolf mad & then hopefully more will be made & prices decrease.

    Ooooo, your studio looks better everytime you put piccies up, sooooo much space. & its nice to see you have a friend over to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the book and the bracelet, they were the best Christmas presents I got!!

    Oh and the studio looks great, looking forward to seeing it next time I'm down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the bracelet is fantastic (speaking as a non-twilight reader/watcher... ) but your stu-stu-studio is amazing. Glad you're feeling better - or gettingon with it maybe!
    Came across another Alice nut and said I'd send her yur link or as I'm here now will do it the other way round! Course, you may already know her. http://fountainlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yadihoodi - that stu stu studio is looking great! I'm thrilled for you Carmen! You had me LOL at this post - the steaming black poo bit! and the pirate lingo! You are so delightfully funny - a real gift....hehehe!
    You are one mighty clever lady making those gorgeous bracelets - I'm a non twilight reader/watcher too - but I CAN appreciate a good bit of artistry!
    I also like how you are 'laughing in the face of your cough'! Suck some Thorntons toffee - and the trick is to SUCK it - all the buttery juice soothes the back of your throat - it helps - honest (even though the calories won't help the waistline!) :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your studio is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bracelet rocks and your studio is looking great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it's not going to take you long to get that whole area filled up...hehe....crafts supplies multiply like bunnies!

    Totally dig the presents you made! That bracelet is Gothic Chic at its best! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stu-Stu is looking beautifully bright, and ready for lots of crafty stash. Now I see what you did with those chess pieces; that's a fine and lovely bracelet (would never have thought of the pearlies with the black and red, but it works so well), and I see you got it out of the studio before Gollum sneaked it under his cloak.

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok I am sooo jealous not sure if it's the stu stu studio that I desire or the bracelet the most! Your work is fabulous (although I wouldn't have ut the wolf man on the book lol!) sorry Die hard Edward fan here! hugs Rebekah (66) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a thoughtful present... the Twilight obsession for some is nuts! Can't understand it myself lol And totally jealous for your huge creative space! Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has to be nice having all that extra room to work now. If you are like me, it won't be long before you have it filled up though. Love that bracelet. It is cute. And I am a Jacob fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome bracelet :)Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your writing style does make me laugh! You and your artists's beret!

    Great book, fab bracelet. Glad you're on the mend.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - what a space - can't wait to see you fill it up - I think you needs lots of us crafters in there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two wow's for you today ....so green with envy ...what a space ...you can have as much out as you want as you work. Now to the braclet ...gorgeous ...your friend will love it ...clever old you. Look after yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG you made that bracelet! You are one talented girl. Love it. Glad to see you are up and about, you know I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great looking studio Carmen - where's the 'homage to Alice' corner going to be???

    Love that bracelet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. TSO and I had a Twilight watching marathon a couple of weeks ago. Now I see what all the fuss is about! Gorgeous bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow bet your friend was really please that bracelet is stunning ~ Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice work space. Don't worry about it looking bare...if you build it the stash will come...I love the bracelet and the book. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  21. cute braclets!! I'd love a charm braclet but my wrists are too damn skinny :-P

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your studio is looking wonderful already. That bracelet is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  23. Don't be grumpy about it - it is the best ever bracelet considering it doesnt have £20 charms on it - I mean, how much????? I think th ebook and bracelet are the fabbiest present, go you. Hope the cough is really receding by now girlie.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...