Rocking My World Friday

Did I miss one? I think I did didn't I?

Happy Friday everyone :)

Rocking my world this week, here we go...

Starting to feel human again. Today is the first day in a couple of weeks that I have woken up and known what day it is, where I am and managed to get up without fearing I would fall down the stairs, not scared the bejuzus out of the kids with my crazy bleary eyed appearance.

I'm not going to lie to you people. I have never, ever felt as ill as I have this month - I'm quite lucky in that usually I get away with a few bad colds a year and mainly just have to put up with varying degrees of aches and pains in my back. I've been scared this month. Really scared. My doctor has been a giant waste of space - so much so I'm thinking of changing. I've literally lost days - Craig says I just slept and couldn't be roused. I've coughed and coughed and coughed - you know that coughing where you think if I don't stop soon I am literally going to die of lack of oxygen? Imagine that almost non-stop for 2 and a half weeks. I've been ravenous but not able to keep proper food down only sweet stuff so have been living on sugary tea and swiss rolls. I'm gagging for some proper food - I'm losing weight too but I think that's all the coughing giving my stomach and side muscles a work out - certainly feels like it. I've only been managing 5 or 10 minutes at a time on the computer before feeling ill or headachey... have been gutted that I am now so behind on my online class. It's the first time I was able to join one from the beginning and am now in the same position as always. Bringing up the rear! *sigh* But today I have actually looked at my sketch books and maybe tonight I'll have a play.

Amidst the doom and gloom I am SO thankful for Craig. He's been a star. Looked after me, came home early when possible to take Ruby to school or pick her up, cooked, cleaned just done everything. He's been amazing. In fact I've been a bit grumpy at just how well he's managing everything! Can't win can he? But I don't know what I'd have done without him.

I am so thankful for Night Nurse without which I would be even more zombified than I was. And also for antibiotics, bronchial balsam, headache tablets... you get the picture. It's so easy to imagine how people long ago died of stuff like this without all the medicinal advances - how scary it must have been.

My girls - they've been stars. Making me tea, helping with dinners... I'm also appreciating them so much more today as I got such a sad email last night. One of the little boys we have been sending packages too via Post Pals died of his condition this week, he was so young. It just makes you appreciate what you have so much more. I have been a bit overly cuddly with Ruby today and she's getting a bit fed up of me. I'm so lucky to have 3 healthy girls, I should remember that more often when they are bickering.

The One World One Heart event. I'm getting around it slowly, slowly. So many inspiring bloggers out there. My wishlist is bulging with books of new things I want to try and my blog roll is growing with new blogs I must go back and have a proper look at... art dolls in particular are calling me, telling me I need to have a dabble. The event is on till the 17th and it's the final one so if you haven't already why not check it out and maybe even join in? Every blog is offering prizes too - my giveaway post is here. It's open to anyone who blogs :)

I'm sorry it's such an uppy downy Rocking week this week but in it's way it's still thankful. What Rocked Your World this week? Why not pop along to Virginia's and join in with us? Thanks as always for stopping by :)

16 comments:

  1. You poor lovely. That sounds absolutely horrendous - so glad that you are starting to mend, and Craig and the girls have been the stars they are in looking after you. Scary times, huh?

    Big hugs
    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Carmen, you poor thing! I didn't realise how ill you had been. Take it easy hun, and get lots of rest. Might take awhile to get your strength back up to speed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww honey you sound rough! Take things easy and I hope you feel heaps better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--you were hit HARD!! Like you, I rarely get sick(maybe one week-long head cold a year), so getting something like you have been struggling with terrifies me. Lucky for you you have all those loving and caring "attendants" around you.
    Hopefully, this weekend will be more normal for you.

    Ha! I just noticed a link for an "altered My Little Pony"--will have to check it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you've had such a crap couple of weeks - sounds an absolute nightmare. Hope you continue your recovery and get back in the swing of things quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor you, Carmen. I think you've done really well to come up with so many positives considering how you have been feeling. Such sad news about that little boy.

    Take one step at a time, don't rush to try and become Super Woman again.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are on the road to recovery! Sounds awful... I'm thinking of you!

    Glad the family is helping out, we'd be lost without them!

    I hope your weekend rocks!!! x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carmen, that's awful! I had no idea you were this sick :( I'm glad you are starting to feel a bit better, but do try to take it easy if you can for a bit yet. I knwo, I know - easier said than done, eh? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blimey, you have been crook havent you hun! Glad your on the mend. (((big hugs)))

    I've been going around the OWOH circuit & wow theres so many inspiring people on it, just like you my list of want to try list has got longer as well as my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sound like you've had a dreadful time of it - hun glad you're on the mend, take it steady coming back to planet earth and don't rush it - don't want a relapse - hurray for family who know what to do in times of need! Don't worry about the online class - you'll get there!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend

    Hugs

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww, sorry to hear you've not been well, hope you are feeling back to normal soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Try six weeks - (top trumps)

    go to the chemist & get a codeine based painkiller and overdose with a cough mixture with codeine in it and take wine with it - if that don't stop you breathing , then you will feel better...( don't do it - it is dangerous ask Amy what I looked like last Weds - high as a kite and not very pretty and quite Blue)

    I agree I cannot remember ever feeling, more sick and wanting to die. Niall says I laid in bed crying for two days (I can't remember)

    But like you say we are in many ways the Lucky Ones,

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Carmen, sorry to hear you have been so poorly.How awful for you, I hope you feel better soon, sending you big hugs! Sorry to hear your sad news as well. Don't worry about falling behind with the course, I am going to behind now as we are moving into a temporary house this week and I am having to pack my entire house! We can lag behind together and support each other! Feel better x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are feeling a bit better, it sounds awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry you have been so bad ...I have missed the second round this time so far but I dont think I was anywhere near as bad as you over New Year even. Funny thing about feeling rough ...if you have a sweet tooth, all you fancy is sweet stuff. I used to have an elderly doc, when the kids were little , and he said always eat what you fancy ...no matter how strange it is ...and that applies to kids too ...I always follow that.
    Take care ...hope you are fully recovered soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...